Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Moderator Spam - dB joins DSI

Dave Bryce

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DB Quote:

"As always, I'll continue to hold myself to the same no-selling restrictions that I adhere to as a representative of ADAM Audio and that all the other manufacturers representatives who frequent this forum also so graciously respect."

Too late Dave. Now, I want one, preferrably

with keys. ;)

Congratulations big guy!

FL

www.franklucas.net

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends. We're so glad you could attend. Come inside, come inside."

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

For those of you who have been following the recent Evolver threads, this won't be a surprise...

I am delighted to announce that I have been hired by Dave Smith Instruments as National Sales Manager, effective immediately.

This does not in any way affect my gig with ADAM Audio - I will still continue to be their VP of US Operations (my actual official ADAM title).

For those of you who may not know exactly who Dave is, here\'s a little background on him and some of the things he's done, and here\'s what he's up to now.

I can't begin to tell you guys how honored I feel to have this opportunity. While I definitely adore my ADAMs, I've certainly missed being involved with synthesizers; plus, having the chance to work with someone who's had as much influence over our industry as Dave has is kind of a dream gig. :D

I'm very excited to join DSI - I have a feeling that this is going to ba a lot of fun... :cool::thu:

dB

VERY big congratulations, Dave :)

I have not been following the Evolver threads, but I will certainly look into them now; I do know who Dave Smith is, and I'm aware of the roles he played in founjding Sequential Circuits and the developing the Korg Wavestation :)

(not to mention MIDI :rolleyes: )

Could you guys bring Jack Hotop on board?

I love his sounds for Korg instruments up to and including the Trinity...

So, National Sales Manager...

Can you tell me where I can hear a poly evolver in Illinois or NW Indiana?

And congratulations, sir. I think your enthusiasm for the product will certainly be an asset!

"For instance" is not proof.

Originally posted by zeronyne:

So, National Sales Manager...

Can you tell me where I can hear a poly evolver in Illinois or NW Indiana?

That's Mr. National Sales Manager, bub... ;):D

Check your PMs

And congratulations, sir. I think your enthusiasm for the product will certainly be an asset!
Thanks, 09!

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by EDinWestLA:

Congratulations, db!

Also, happy to meet you at Phil's last weekend. :)

Thanks, Ed! 'Twas nice to meet you as well. Glad to see you hanging in the sports threads... :thu:

dB

Originally posted by TrancedelicBlues:

Jack is a brilliant sound designer and an extremely talented musician. I wasn't aware that he had left Korg - when did that happen? Where'd he land?

dB

Dave:

Congratulations!

I don't think there's a single person here who's ever thought you pimped the line's you offer here on the board. Just continue to do what you do. You're a great mod.

..Joe

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

Congratulations Dave!

Just wondering... does this mean that we are entitled to a special discount should be buy a Dave Smith product? :confused:;)

Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

Congrats Dave,

Must be really cool to work with an industry legend like Dave Smith. Man, you're going to be tired after those trade shows.

Now if I was the new VP of Sales, I'd initiate a Poly Evolver Keyboard Corner group buy. But that's me.

Best of luck with your new gig.

Busch.

Originally posted by Dreamer:

Just wondering... does this mean that we are entitled to a special discount should be buy a Dave Smith product? :confused:;)

Originally posted by burningbusch:

Now if I was the new VP of Sales, I'd initiate a Poly Evolver Keyboard Corner group buy.

Unfortunately, both of these'd definitely cross that separation line I spoke of earlier, I think. :(

Gotta keep it clean if I wanna keep the moderator gig... ;)

Dave Bryce

DSI

Congratulations, Dave :thu:

Now that you are working for a synth and a monitor manufacturer, are you going to going to complete the rest of the signal chain? Reminds me of the Jamaican family sketch on "In Living Color": "You a lazy man, you only have 2 jobs! When I was your age, I had 14 jobs. I was Fender rep, I was Moog rep, I was Selmer rep, I was Ludwig rep, I was Shure rep..."

And if DSI needs a new product named, PM me. :D

Originally posted by radiospace:

Now talk him into making a Poly-evolver with keys and lots of knobs! :D

I'll work on it... :D

Dave Bryce

DSI

The voice of wisdom.

12-note polyphonic, please... :D:D

Originally posted by marino:

The voice of wisdom.

12-note polyphonic, please... :D:D

Multiple Evolvers can be cascaded to form as large a polyphonic system as you need. Not just MIDI - they all have audio inputs so you can chain the Audio as well...consequently, you can have a many voices of Evolver with just about any combination of hardware ins and outs as you want.

Dave Bryce

DSI

they all have audio inputs so you can chain the Audio as well...consequently, you can have a many voices of Evolver with just about any combination of hardware ins and outs as you want.

Dave Bryce

DSI

Yummm!!! Shades of modulars... :)

What about a programmer, Roland PG-style?

Originally posted by TrancedelicBlues:

Jack is a brilliant sound designer and an extremely talented musician. I wasn't aware that he had left Korg - when did that happen? Where'd he land?

dB

Oops! Sorry :(

Looks like he is probably still with Korg...

I was basing my information on this website but it seems I misread it...

Still I think it's interesting that the last Korg I really liked was the Trinity and the first Yamahas that really got my attention were the S-series, both of which which these folks seem to have helped voice...

BTW, Dave, I never bought one but I always thought the QS synths sounded brilliant too... and you did a heck of a job with your "voice-over" work on the Q-card demo CD :);)

Multiple Evolvers can be cascaded to form as large a polyphonic system as you need. Not just MIDI - they all have audio inputs so you can chain the Audio as well...consequently, you can have a many voices of Evolver with just about any combination of hardware ins and outs as you want.

How about a volume discount, then? :idea::D

Dave, this is wonderful; congratulations! To be part of a company run by one of the giants in the history of analog synths and co-developers of midi is pretty cool. :cool::cool::cool:

Composer/Performer at Roger Hooper Music

Product Trainer at CASIO

www.rogerhooper.com

Archived