Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Volume 6 update

jackpine

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Llarion:

I deliberately did not listen to the vast majority of the MP3s, I want to experience the CD as an entity...

Same for me. I dowloaded a few, listened and enjoyed them despite some audio problems. Then I downloaded some more - about half of the album. *Then* I learned that they were replaced with better-quality version... and with my slow connection, starting again would have been time-consuming.

So I just decided to wait for the CD! :D Judging from what I already heard, this whole thing is *very* promising.

Again, thanks!

Originally posted by marino:

I deliberately did not listen to the vast majority of the MP3s, I want to experience the CD as an entity...

Same for me. I dowloaded a few, listened and enjoyed them despite some audio problems. Then I downloaded some more - about half of the album. *Then* I learned that they were replaced with better-quality version... and with my slow connection, starting again would have been time-consuming.

So I just decided to wait for the CD! Judging from what I already heard, this whole thing is *very* promising.

Again, thanks!

Yup. I've listened to a few as well, but decided to wait for the CD.

Thanks Dave & JP. :thu:

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

Originally posted by jackpine:

Just thought I'd drop a line to let you all know that volume 6 has shipped.

So... with the way normal mail service works here in Luck, you should be receiving your little bundles of joy by Valentines day. :eek:

Are these coming from China or something?

Why are they going to take so long?

:confused:

Carl

Originally posted by Krakit:

Are these coming from China or something?

Why are they going to take so long?

:confused:

Carl

Just a bit of a joke, there.

Luck, my home town, is just a wide spot in the road. When Dave mailed me the master it took 8 days to get here from L.A.

I live in a hole in the space time continuum. There still feeding the ponies for the express here. ;)

In reality...I ended up going to Chicago the day I mailed everything so I dragged all the CD's down there and mailed them from there.

You should be getting them soon.

I got my copy today - it looks great! Excellent job as usual, Jim!

Mine has a bit of digital hash in the first seconds of the first tune that I'm pretty sure wasn't on the master - I'm hoping it's just a disc error on my copy...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

I got my copy today - it looks great! Excellent job as usual, Jim!

Mine has a bit of digital hash in the first seconds of the first tune that I'm pretty sure wasn't on the master - I'm hoping it's just a disc error on my copy...

dB

Boy.. I hope so too.

I do a bit of QC....listening randomly to every 20th or so disk. Always the beginnning and the end.

I'm still in Chicago so I'll check out the system when I get home.

Sorry Dave. I'll replace the disk one way or another.....

I do a bit of QC....listening randomly to every 20th or so disk. Always the beginnning and the end.

Then it's probably just mine - it happens in the first five seconds of the first tune.

Whew...

dB

Originally posted by Soundscape Studios.:

I guess we'll have to live with it.

I don't think so...

I spent too much time listening to multiple copies over and over from end to end, trying to make sure that there weren't any pops or glitches on any track. I threw away at least two master discs because each one had one flaw on it. People trust me with their music, and I feel very responsible for that...when I'm not busy squishing the life out of them with my ham-handed mastering techniques, anyway... ;)

Consequently, I'm sure that you'll understand my reluctance to let this slide.

I'm not sure where the hash came from, nor does it really matter. One way or the other, we'll find a way to replace any disc with that flaw on it - especially seeing as how Frank ordered 20 copies, and it's his tune with the flaw. :eek:

I'll talk to Dr. Jackpine on Monday, and we'll figure something out. In the meantime, if your disc doesn't have the hash, please let me know...otherwise, I'm gonna have to assume that they all do... :(:o

dB

By the way, there is some issues with the song listings on the insert.

Song 14 is listed twice - Janet Graham's is the first, Phil Traynor's is the second.

Further, there are 19 songs, only 18 are listed. So mine which is #18 on the liner notes, is actually #19 in reality. This makes it hard to actually know what is correct on the liner notes - meaning - it's hard to know who played what.

In any case - I really had a good time listening to the disc tonight. Can't wait for vol.7!

Song 14 is listed twice - Janet Graham's is the first, Phil Traynor's is the second.

Further, there are 19 songs, only 18 are listed. So mine which is #18 on the liner notes, is actually #19 in reality. This makes it hard to actually know what is correct on the liner notes - meaning - it's hard to know who played what.

There were no liner notes submitted for the 13th track.

As a matter of fact, I'm not sure if the gentleman who submitted the track has ever posted in the forum at all - if he does, he does so under a nom de web that I don't know.

Consequently, except for the minor numbering anomalies, all of the liner notes should be correctly attributed to the correct artists.

dB

Awrrrrrr!

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Dave,

I haven't received any copies yet.

Is it because you are redoing my

discs or have you already sent my order

out and made the discovery of the

hash afterwards? Anyhooooo, please

let me know what the situation is.

If you could rectify this problem, 20 of

Santa's good boys and girls I personally

know will have presents under their tree.

Thanks,

FL

www.franklucas.net

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends. We're so glad you could attend. Come inside, come inside."

There is NO way I'll let the "digital hash" thing go.

Dave, I'm going to be on the road till Wed. I'll call you when I get back.

Have no fear... this will be cleared up in time for prezzies under the tree.

:cool::thu:

dB

My copy has it too. But it doesn't overtly mar what is a breathtaking compilation!!! LaurieZ's piece especially touched me, and Lucy In the Sky with Large Amounts of Hallucinogens and Apparent Repressed Sexual Tension :) just flat was AMAZING. What a performance!! SO many others shone brilliantly, I'll post more specifics later! I kinda feel like a NASCAR driver on a Formula 1 grid here... :)

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

Got mine. It's a joy to listen to. Great job everyone, I can't wait to be on vol.7 :)

#1: same deal here, some (&@^*# at the beginning.

#2 has a little bit of digital noise @ 3:08 here, can anyone confirm?

Alllright! There was a big fat envelope in my mailbox, which could only mean one thing: that my Nicaraguan friends had come through - errrr, that the Vol. 6 CD had arrived. Good job, everybody! I am hearing a little burst of static at 3 sec. in, but I'm not hearing a problem at 3:08. For my part, I don't care about getting a replacement. It's no worse than a vinyl pop, and it's not so jarring being right at the beginning. Not that Frank Lucas' beautiful piece shouldn't be heard in perfection, but if I'm at a concert and someone coughs or drops their program, I can still enjoy the piece.

Lucy In the Sky with Large Amounts of Hallucinogens and Apparent Repressed Sexual Tension :) just flat was AMAZING. What a performance!!

Wow, thanks. I had never thought of it that way... :D:D

Got my CDtoday - great performances by all. I'm impressed by the high-quality of the sampled based piano sounds. It makes a good demo of the different products I've been wanting to get.

Also, I was wondering if any of the compositions are available as a MIDI file or sheet music.

Note: There is the same "static noise" on track 1, first 5 seconds.

Hey Dave,

I got my package today.

I, too, did hear the crackling just

seconds into my piece.

Since you guys are rectifying the

problem, what should I do with my

box of 20 CD's...send 'em back to

you?

Please advise.

FL

www.franklucas.net

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends. We're so glad you could attend. Come inside, come inside."

Archived