Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Arturia Virtual CS80

synthetic

According to MacMusic.org (free reg required) Arturia is working on a Yamaha CS80 VST instrument.

http://www.macmusic.org/img/SQL/news/958-img.jpg?1063901589

A new beta Vsti version is on the verge to be tested with ARTURIA : An emulation of the CS80 Yamaha. It looks pretty and seems to have a great sound (possible comparison with the Moog Modular).
Could be cool...

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a lot of talk about it on KvR. The beta was open for a while. You just had to go to the web site and up. The only complaint I have heard so far is the size of the interface. That was also the common complaint for their Moog.

It does look nice and should be very easy to program. Sound and CPU drain with be the make or break for me.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I'm on the beta program for Arturia. I've been playing with it since yesterday. I must say, it's nice, though still a little buggy, but the latency is virtually nil. I think it's also kinda cool that when you open the top to the modulation section, the fans are spinning!

..Joe

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

Finally! someone had enough sense to recreate a classic. The CS80 is much too unique and ubiquitous to allow to slip away into the dustbin of history. I prayed that Alesis had the intestines to model those filters in the Ion, but alas...
This keyboard solo has obviously been tampered with!

Archived