Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NFL survival pool

Dave Bryce

Well, I'm gone from the pool (damn Miami), but judging by the 49ers/Bears game, the rest of you would do well just picking whomever is playing Da Bears. The 49ers are better than expected this year, but the bears are absolutely inept. I didn't think they would have much offense (Kordel Steward and without the Bus is not exactly scary) but they might not win a game the rest of the way.
Our country is not the only thing to which we owe our allegiance. It is also owed to justice and to humanity. Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong: James Bryce

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very interesting week 2 schedule. Almost no obvious games. I thought about GB this week, but in the end I gotta go with the numbers and take the Seahawks over the Cards...

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

Originally posted by Rader Ranch:

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

12 left...

Week 2....

dB

hey....i won too. some guys get no respect, no respect at all....
D'oh! :eek:

Sorry, Scott...It's been corrected.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

OK, I think I'm ready to commit to my Week 2 pick. I was surprised to see I was the only one last week to pick SF. Again this week it looks like I'm the only one to make this next pick:

New Orleans

I was going to take the Eagles before the injury report came out. :( They're still probably the second-best pick, though.

I think NO is obvious; it's the Big Easy pick this week. They're a playoff contender, at home, coming off a loss, pissed, a high-scoring team that only put up 10 points last week, going against a team going nowhere (Houston), on the road, coming off a lucky, fluky upset win, ready to come back to Earth.

The way I see it, there's only three good picks this week:

1. Seattle over Arizona at Arizona

2. Vikings over da Bears at Minnesota

3. Giants over Cowboys at New York (OK, New Jersey)

But, of course, I could be wrong. ;)

BTW, keep an eye on Joey Harrington this season. He was great at U of Oregon. He may well turn out to be even greater under Mariucci's leadership. Just a heads up.

Originally posted by Eric Worthington:

OK, I think I'm ready to commit to my Week 2 pick. I was surprised to see I was the only one last week to pick SF. Again this week it looks like I'm the only one to make this next pick:

Um - that's because there's hardly any of us left. The odds of each one of us picking a different team are pretty good suddenly. :thu:

Got it.

Okay, all picks are in. Upsets by either Chicago or Cincinnati (shudder) would have quite the effect this week.

Personally, I'll be psyched to see Dallas play the Giants this week - I'm figuring they're gonna be looking to kick the hell out of Mr. Shockey. Should make for some...entertaining football. :D

dB

Originally posted by meccajay:

My "bloodbath" pick- Pittsburgh at Kansas City.

Maybe it's looking like more of a shootout, but one hell of a matchup in week 2!

Yeah, that's definitely looking to be a barn-burner as well. :thu:

Have I mentioned that I'm really happy to have football back? :D:D:D

dB

Originally posted by Griffinator:

I agree, Dave. That's going to be a grade "A" bloodbath in the Meadowlands. However, I suspect that there will be no answer for Galloway, and New York will go down in flames after their big win vs. the Rams...

Um, NYG had plenty of "answer" for Issac Bruce and Torry Holt, and they had Kurt Warner dishing, not Quincy Carter. And I know Hambrick is the real deal, but did a pretty good of bottling that hack Marshall Faulk too.

We've got plenty of confidence in the Wills--Allen and Peterson--at the corners. And Shaun Williams has a way of making recievers "hear the footsteps." I know Joey is the WR duJour in the NFL but, please, the Giants are going to have to f$ck up royally to lose this game. I'm not saying it can't happen. Of course it can.

I predict a very long evening for Mr. Carter. On Offense, the G-men will do just enough to win (while we wait for our line to heal and solidify) This team has plenty of weapons without Shockey, who's a bit of dumb jerk and at this stage of his career an overrated player. But I'm glad we have him 'cause I think he's going to be very good.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Archived