Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Helluva time to blow town...

Dave Bryce

Yep. it's true...

I'm off to Europe again tomorrow. This time to Copenhagen to visit a friend, then to Amsterdam for the AES show.

Oh, boy. Travelling this week should really be some fun, huh? :rolleyes::eek:

Geoff, you wanna do the guest moderator thing?

Those of you in Amsterdam this weekend, I hope you can make it to the show. I'll be the loud guy in the ADAM booth, wearing a Canadian pin... ;):D

I'll check in when I can...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooohh, and what will YOU be partaking of in that city with all that legal (and everywhere else ILLEGAL) stuff??? :D:freak::D:freak::D

Have a great trip.

..Joe

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

Originally posted by joegerardi:

Ooohh, and what will YOU be partaking of in that city with all that legal (and everywhere else ILLEGAL) stuff??? :D:freak::D:freak::D

Not much - I'm actually in a non-smoking phase. Have been for a while now...

dB

(Please note: Most of you know me as soapbox, but this post is under my real name.)

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Dave, as always, I'd be honored! :thu:

I know that you'll be on edge for the worst case scenario, and it's smart to be prepared. Even so, I expect the best case scenario for you. I hope that you'll be able to enjoy the trip, and I'm confident that you'll be able to reap the rewards of your hard work for a great product!

Have fun. We'll leave the welcome mat out for your return! ;)

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Originally posted by Geoff Grace:

(Please note: Most of you know me as soapbox, but this post is under my real name.)

Dave, as always, I'd be honored! :thu:

I know that you'll be on edge for the worst case scenario, and it's smart to be prepared. Even so, I expect the best case scenario for you. I hope that you'll be able to enjoy the trip, and I'm confident that you'll be able to reap the rewards of your hard work for a great product!

Have fun. We'll leave the welcome mat out for your return! ;)

Best,

Geoff

Have fun Dave,

but hey, I have more posts than him, why can't I modulate, I mean moderate? Kcbass

"Let It Be!"

Originally posted by Kcbass:

hey, I have more posts than him, why can't I modulate, I mean moderate?

Actually (as I'm sure you know) Geoff started over again when he abandoned the Soapbox moniker...

dB

Yep, between my soapbox and Geoff Grace screen names, this is post number 3,851!

But Casey, this is a music forum so I won't stop you from modulating if you're so inclined. :D

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Originally posted by Geoff Grace:

Yep, between my soapbox and Geoff Grace screen names, this is post number 3,851!

But Casey, this is a music forum so I won't stop you from modulating if you're so inclined. :D

Best,

Geoff

I know, you go ahead. I couldn't handle it anyway. Kcbass

"Let It Be!"

I'm off to Europe again tomorrow.

I'll be the loud guy in the ADAM booth, wearing a Canadian pin...

I'll check in when I can...

Forget the Canadian pin, just speak loudly in a thick French accent..... maybe wear a fez and a nice thaub .. They'll never suspect you're a gringo infidel.

Also, make sure you have a peek at those lovely 3-way uber-accurate german monitors with the pretty little red-light on 'em. :P;):D

Safe travels, brother!

-dave

DAVE GREENBERG

SONOPOD MASTERING

Safe travels, my friend. And break a leg at the booth... remember not to be shy and don't be afraid to talk to people about the product... :cool:

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

I was just thinking, looking at the title of this thread...

Boy Dave, are your lips going to be tired! :eek::freak::eek::freak::eek:

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

Yep. it's true...

I'm off to Europe again tomorrow. This time to Copenhagen to visit a friend, then to Amsterdam for the AES show.

dB

What on earth are you going on about? What is the danger in travelling to Amsterdam this week? DOn't be ridiculous!
hang out with me at woody piano shack

Well Dave, I'm sure you'll be there safe and well.

Until I noticed the date I was gonna wish you all the best, but I'm too late, so this is for all travellers.

I dont know much about the disease thing but if the War is your worry - ignore the paranoia. Yes maybe there will be extra security at airports, but thats a good thing. Relax, take it easy, enjoy the trip, all will be fine.

There are thousands of planes in the air all day, every day, each with hundreds of passengers. You only ever hear of the negatives, which is an absolute minority.

I'm sure Dave will confirm this for us when he gets back. Lets hope the killer disease disappears ASAP though.

John Scotsman

Originally posted by SteveFortner:

Safe travels, my friend. And break a leg at the booth... remember not to be shy and don't be afraid to talk to people about the product... :cool:

Yes, be very careful about that Dave. So frequently you are overly shy and quiet... ;)

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

Originally posted by joegerardi:

Not much - I'm actually in a non-smoking phase. Have been for a while now...

dB

Have fun, Dave, and don't worry. Statistically, cigs are a lot more dangerous than terrorists.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Originally posted by konaboy:

What on earth are you going on about? What is the danger in travelling to Amsterdam this week? DOn't be ridiculous!

Well, I'm not afraid of anything happening in Amsterdam or Copenhagen, really - it's much more about the general human condition right now. Folks are tense. It has been my observation that tense people may tend to react in unusual ways to all sorts of stimuli. Airport security, for example - not really a lot of fun these days... :rolleyes:

I believe that a lot of people are (understandably) currently very aware of what's going on around them and in the world in general. It seems as if things could go spinning into all sorts of directions, many of those with potentially unpleasant outcomes. All things being equal, I'd rather be with my friends and family right now, not a third of the planet away.

I'd actually be very surprised were I to experience any sort of physical danger while on this trip - the worst thing that'll probably happen is that I'll take some shit for being an American from my friends over here. ;)

I will say this, though - the world situation definitely leads to lots of interesting conversations with all sorts of folks...

dB

Chillin' in Denmark :cool:

I heard (and saw on TV) there is some very special street in Amsterdam... forgot how it's called... something "red"... All I remember - tourists love it.

One street??? Dude, it's a whole neighbourhood with a church in the middle! :D So watch out when you get into the groove, God is watching you...

Soulstars

http://www.bobwijnen.nl

Hipness is not a state of mind, it's a fact of life.

Originally posted by Superbobus:

I heard (and saw on TV) there is some very special street in Amsterdam... forgot how it's called... something "red"... All I remember - tourists love it.

One street??? Dude, it's a whole neighbourhood with a church in the middle! :D So watch out when you get into the groove, God is watching you...

Soulstars

:eek::D:D
I am back.

Archived