Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NBA PLAYOFFS!

Originally posted by Dan South:

Um, Henry, could I ask you to edit that post and break the HA's into separate lines. That long line is killing my browser.

Hey Dan, we agree on something...Henry, chop that thing up into some bite size pieces.

:D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude (may I call you dude?), your first post was so magnanimous and classy. Or at least tight-lipped. Why'd you have to go and do this? Legitimacy? To my admittedly biased eyes, Shaq and Kobe each fouled out of that game five times without a whistle. It seemed like the refs instituted a "no call zone" for the Lakers starting about halfway through the third quarter.

And that call that Christie fouled out on? Please. Fox was sliding in if ever anyone...slid in.

There was a period in the game where both teams were engaged in a ten-part fugue of whining to the officials, Shaq cleared Valde out with his arm and was hacked on the dunk. Neither was called. It all balances out in that cosmic, karmic way.

Escept you *know* that the NBA and its sponsors want the stylish pizzaz of turkoglu and the sex appeal of Bobby Jackson in the finals, rather than the Burger pusher and the "Obey Your Thirst" Kid again.

Who is the man who can jam over any man? Shaq.

Who's the cat who wants sourdough, bacon and all that? Shaq.

Pure poetry.

Originally posted by steadyb:

Since Jackson had one hand clutching Kobe's jersey, that hand couldn't have been touching him. The other hand must have only been touching Kobe's wrist band, so technically it wasn't touching Kobe either.

Maybe the refs will let Kobe and Shaq both play the next two games, just to see if the kings can get a legitimate win against the Lakers. I'll predict it again...Lakers in 7.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

The Christie foul was the WORST call that I've EVER seen in an NBA game. The ASOLUTE WORST. The guy was sandwiched between a charging Kobe and a sliding Fox. Christie's role in the contact was purely incidental because he could not have escaped it. It looked like a choreographed WWF move.

And what's with the "no foul zone"? (Incidentally the only thing that got LA back in the game.) Call a tight game for 2.5 quarters, then suddenly refuse to call ANYTHING. Did someone get a call from Vegas? Some big "players" stand to lose a LOT if Team Yellow doesn't go to the finals.

But eventually, Shaq tried to take Vlade's head off, and the refs had no choice but to reestablish control. You have to wonder, though, whether the Christie foul wasn't a "payback" to try to even things up.

Two things are certain -

(1) Shaq would have been gone several minutes earlier in a tightly called game, maybe even in the third.

(2) There's big money to be lost if the Kings go to the finals.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

The Christie foul was the WORST call that I've EVER seen in an NBA game. The ASOLUTE WORST. The guy was sandwiched between a charging Kobe and a sliding Fox. Christie's role in the contact was purely incidental because he could not have escaped it. It looked like a choreographed WWF move.

And what's with the "no foul zone"? (Incidentally the only thing that got LA back in the game.) Call a tight game for 2.5 quarters, then suddenly refuse to call ANYTHING. Did someone get a call from Vegas? Some big "players" stand to lose a LOT if Team Yellow doesn't go to the finals.

But eventually, Shaq tried to take Vlade's head off, and the refs had no choice but to reestablish control. You have to wonder, though, whether the Christie foul wasn't a "payback" to try to even things up.

Two things are certain -

(1) Shaq would have been gone several minutes earlier in a tightly called game, maybe even in the third.

(2) There's big money to be lost if the Kings go to the finals.

That wasn't a foul on Bibby for Shaq's 6th, or on Christie for Shaq's 4th.

I'm just trying to push this over to page 15.

Deny the unbroken HAs!!!

http://cache.nba.com/media/kings/bibby3_170_020528.jpg

PHOTO CAPTION:Suddenly, Bibby realized that gay marriages are still not recognized in the state of California.

Okay...good shot by Bibby. Shaq should NOT have fouled out when he did, but no complaints on the referee's call there. Kobe got fouled like mad on the last shot, but I won't waste everyone's time debating this with Dan for the next ten posts.

Wow...losing in game 7 is going to be really heartbreaking for NoSac. I feel for them. Perhaps Tyra will need some comforting afterward...I'll stay by the phone in case she calls. :)

- Jeff

Here's an interesting thought...

If the refs had not made an obviously incorrect call on Samaki Walker's three-pointer at the buzzer at the end of the half in Game 4, the Lakers would now be eliminated.

:eek:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Sorry guys. Page 14 is fixed, though a little late now.

I'm quite happy. I'm am so fed up with the arrogance of the Lakers and the media courting the darling team. The fact is there is too much money riding on this. There's a panic going on. What if the Lakers actually lose? Was it in game two when the Kings won and there were only Laker interviews afterwards? Who won the friggin' game? This disrespect is what's burning us up here in Sacramento.

All the best,

Henry Robinett

Originally posted by steadyb:

Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy:

Wow...losing in game 7 is going to be really heartbreaking for NoSac.

...and Dan, ...and Mag, ...and mecca, ...
...and Henry Robinett :P

Originally posted by meccajay:

What, exactly, is that? The number of fouls that weren't called which would have ended the game in the Lakers' favor (I think it's more like three, but still...)? Or are you referring to the number of games until the series is tied and going to game 7?

- Jeff

Heartbroken is too strong a word for what I'll be if the Lakers win. See I hate the Lakers; I don't love the Kings. I love no team these days. There is no heart in hate. If they lose, I'll feel a cold, steely satisfaction. If they win, a cold, steely dissatisfaction.

Now, back when I was a passionate Celtics fan, it was a different story altogether. My first favorite team was the one with Havlicek, Cowens, Chaney, Nelson, Silas, JoJo White, and, later, Paul Westphal. How many future NBA coaches can you have on one team? Tom Heinsohn must have been a pretty inspirational coach.

Ah, but my favorite was the 86' team, and my favorite bball player of all time has to be Kevin McHale, with Sherman Douglass in second. Don't ask why.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy:

What, exactly, is that? The number of fouls that weren't called which would have ended the game in the Lakers' favor

- Jeff

Steady can tell you more about that number.

Oh and just for you guys thinking about laker redemption in game 6, I got 2 words, the same 2 words I mentioned last week...

Guard Play.

We got that workin' pretty well lately, and it wont let up.

And for those wishing the refs would call fouls to bail out the Lakers as they as so accustomed to being bailed out -- forget it!! Refs dont call fouls in the last minute of games in any sport.... Especially not the pro's...especially not the playoffs.... especially not the conference finals!!! Dont sweat it, it wouldn't happen the other way around for Sac-town either!

Steadyb, this is the guy (Kobe) you compare to MJ?? I got news for you pal, Michael would have won that game. There is only ONE Michael Jordan!!

About Bibby-

It was apparent that Webber DIDN'T want the ball in the last few seconds of the game, he was dribbling around with the ball with this wide-eyed look of "please rescue me" on his face. I think the ghost of Michigan past is still haunting the brother but oh well. Fortunately for him there was a kicked ball and a time out. Bibby casually said to Webber in the time out- "If you get me open I'll hit the shot"...he hit the shot...and he's only 24 years old! Why did I mention this?

Transference of power.

The Sacramento Kings are now Bibby's team, not Webber's...

Things could change down the road, but it's likely to change in even greater favor of Bibby not Webber if you ask me...Props to Bibby!

TROLL . . . ish.

Steadyb, this is the guy (Kobe) you compare to MJ?? I got news for you pal, Michael would have won that game. There is only ONE Michael Jordan!!

You should really stop drinking your Gatorade out of your Air Jordans. :rolleyes:

p.s. The Partridge Family wasn't a real band...

MJ titles @ 23 ...ZERO

Kobe titles @ 23 ...that'd be two...going on three!!! :thu:

Archived