Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

look who's in Keyboard this month

Mark Zeger

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am employed by the USA distributor for Ketron products when I am at NAMM . I consult Ketron for product development . I am not on the Ketron payroll .

I am a self taught keyboard player . I was singing in bands way before I started to play keys !

So ...did keyboard mag record something I played and than show notation of what I played ?

I should get my copy today . dano

www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO

Dano:

....it's in the master class section. This month they took licks from players at NAMM and notated some blurbs. I suppose it may have been recorded in order for them to notate it - unless someone's got a really good memory. Maybe they'll update this site with a link? Don't let "Rabid" Robert scare you...the ketron blocks most of the package :D

Get yourself a subscription though - it saves you $ and you get the mag. way sooner than it hits the stands! ~nel

Robert

They said the article was on monsters at NAMM , not hot licks .I'm going to go buy some button flys ........

I have finally seen the article and picture today .

I knew the title would hot licks .

The picture shows me in front of the keyboard with a mic.

The Sd1 is an arranger keyboard with vocal harmony features . I was attempting to make the vocal harmonys sound good during this demo ( i heard a few dogs a howlin ). I assign a split point and the vocals are activated off the left hand chords . My Chops are average .

dB , LaurieZ deserve the Master recognition more than me . They were demoing long before I was .

Chris Anthony of General Music is a monster of a player

Bobby Nelson with Korg is ingredible !

I played a few runs . That's it .I am by no means a master at the keyboard .

I thank Keyboard Magazine .

dano/ketronguy

www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO

Dano, congratulations! It must be nice to be singled out!

(For those who are still searching, the photo is on page 74 of the April 2002 issue of Keyboard.)

BTW, you can also find steadyb in the same issue on page 30. He's the one who is sitting in front of the Apple Cinema Display and demoing Logic.

If you're still having trouble spotting steadyb in the crowd, there's a man kneeling on the floor next to him who looks like he is saluting the monitor.

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Originally posted by soapbox:

If you're still having trouble spotting steadyb in the crowd, there's a man kneeling on the floor next to him who looks like he is saluting the monitor.

Yeah...saluting the monitor...that's what the guy kneeling in front of steadyb is doing. Yeah. That's the ticket. :D:D:D

- Jeff

Archived