Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FORUM CD: The Sequel!!!!

Dave Bryce

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Excellent!

I did a version of "Feed the Birds" a few years back...

dB

Really? Cool. That's a lovely song. I also like the other "Tuppence" song, the one sung by the bankers. "Stay Up Late" has been well-covered by greater talents than mine, so I think I'm leaning toward the song/letter by Jane and Micahel advertising for a new nanny: "If you want this choice position/have a cheery disposition..." So many great songs in Mary Poppins.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by felix:

Reading this thread makes me want to get out my Moog Cookbook CD's for a listen!

Is it the moog Cookbook that www.moogworld.com gets some of it's rock covers from (i.e., Hotel California, 25 or 6-4, Ain't Talkin' Bout Love, etc.)?

BTW - If you haven't checked out MoogWorld.com, it's alternatively hilarious or invokes a weird acid flashback... Worth a listen if you haven't done so already (Keyboard had it as Web site of the month or some such thing a few months back, and there was probalby already a thread on it.

That's them. First CD tracklist:

Black Hole Sun

Buddy Holly

Basket Case

Come Out and Play

Free Fallin'

Are You Gonna Go My Way?

Smells Like Teen Spirit

Evenflow

The One I Love

Rockin' in the Free World

Second CD tracklist:

Born to be Wild

Cat Scratch Fever

Sweet Home Alabama

More than a Feeling

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Whole Lotta Love

Ziggy Stardust

25 or 6 to 4 Black

Hotel California

Rock and Roll All Night

Great stuff! Truly Twisted Covers!

*Mmmmmmaybe* I have an already recorded tune that would fit. This would overcome all deadline problems too.

It's based on the Tammurriata, a very ancient dance from the south of Italy; maybe you think you don't know it, but when you hear the melody, it's one of those archetype things. It's been used in film music, etc. I gave it a bit of the Bartok/Strawinsky treatment... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

Only problem: It's played by a string quartet (of the human kind). Yeah, I used Cubase to write it, and Kurzweil to demo it, but no keyboards in the recording, I'm afraid. Making a version for synths... I don't know.

Dave, is there a chance this piece would qualify?

Originally posted by steadyb:

Is his live album from the 70's still available??? It has that great medley of commercial jingles he wrote (State Farm, McDonalds, Dr Pepper, etc.)

Yes, it's still in print on CD; it is slightly abridged from the double vinyl (the song Beautiful Music and it's reprises are gone. the VSM (Very Strange Medley) to which you refer is there, without the spoken intro.

I thought about it... But it's longer than 5:00.

------------------

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.mp3.com/llarion

Smooth Jazz

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

Originally posted by marino:

Dave, is there a chance this piece would qualify?

Tough call, Carlo...

If you feel that this is representative of your work, I suppose it'd be okay; however, if you'd rather do another cover tune using keyboards and you're just using this one because it's already done, I think I'd rather extend the deadline to the end of December so that you could have the time to do one.

You make the call - I'll support you either way.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

...If you feel that this is representative of your work, I suppose it'd be okay; however, if you'd rather do another cover tune using keyboards and you're just using this one because it's already done, I think I'd rather extend the deadline to the end of December so that you could have the time to do one...

dB

Dave, yeah, please extend the deadline! In this case chances are I will be able to contribute to the project as well. I would love to do this. Can I (a musician from Estonia) contribute?

Vladislav

This message has been edited by Gulliver on 09-26-2001 at 06:07 AM

I am back.

Okay, I'm in. End of Novemeber...sheesh, tight but I could do it. If you do decide to go ahead and extend it to end of December, I'll glad take the extra month.

See, I need only three minutes to create the tune...but three months to decide which one I want to do. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

- Jeff

Tough call, Carlo...

If you feel that this is representative of your work, I suppose it'd be okay; however, if you'd rather do another cover tune using keyboards and you're just using this one because it's already done, I think I'd rather extend the deadline to the end of December so that you could have the time to do one.

You make the call - I'll support you either way.

dB

Folks, this guy is too much of a gentleman... We gotta do something about it! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Dave, actually I had the idea to submit the string quartet not only because it's already recorded, but also I think it's one of the nicest works I've done recently. Never mind: I realize I'm stretching the rules too much. So, if you feel there are enough people wanting to extend the deadline, I'll be happy to record something else that includes keyboards; if not, I'll be watching from the wings this time, no problem. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

As for the string quartet, would someone be curious to listen to it, I'll post it on my site. In fact, I'm going to upload a whole bunch of mp3s..

Thanks again!

marino

I am already working on it. This is great fun. The very first time I am doing a cover version.

I limited myself to use 3 synthesizers only: Minimoog, Andromeda and the Prophet VS; plus the MPC 60 for the drums.

Can I reveal the song already?

------------------

-- Pim --

www.dancewave.nl

:keys: My Music:thx: I always wondered what happened after the fade out?

Originally posted by marino:

As for the string quartet, would someone be curious to listen to it, I'll post it on my site. In fact, I'm going to upload a whole bunch of mp3s..

Thanks again!

Would someone be curious? Hah, just post those puppies and I'll pull them down immediately to enjoy them. I loved what you did for the compilation cd, Marino. I expect to have a ear to ear grin listening to this one too.

Jerry

------------------

www.tuskerfort.com

Archived