Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Stuck...Stuck...Stuck!!!

Imagine

Is there any possibility that the "B4 Input plugin" could be causing all the stuck notes my MTP has been receiving, even though I'm not using B4 in a song?

I've seen quite a few posts with people complaining about stuck notes and B4.

Just a thought...

Thanks

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have B4 - the only time that I have experienced stuck notes is when I have tried to use a sustain pedal, which I figure is the program's way of telling me that you're not supposed to use a sustain pedal with it... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

I would be really surprised if that was your problem. Based on my similar problem earlier, I might be inclined to suggest that you try a different USB cable - as I said earlier, a questionable connection was what gave me the same problem.

Also, allow for the possibility that your hardware is messed up, and you're not doing anything wrong...if that's the case, obviously nothing that you can do will help.

Have you called MOTU? They are most probably your best bet. You should make it their problem - it's their hardware and software...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Dave:

Question for you on the B4: I have the demo, and the shortest amount of latency it allows is 10mS. Now, granted, I don't have the best sound card in my PC, but is there any way to make this go away? I would hate to get the thing, and then find out that this is not the case.

I know I would have to get a better sound card if I did take the plunge, because when I lower the latency from 400 mS, I get a lot of static, but the latency thing would kill me in terms of "live" playing.

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

Originally posted by joegerardi:

Dave:

Question for you on the B4: I have the demo, and the shortest amount of latency it allows is 10mS. Now, granted, I don't have the best sound card in my PC, but is there any way to make this go away? I would hate to get the thing, and then find out that this is not the case.

I play it through DP, and I don't really notice the latency...I'd boot it up and look at my settings, but the @!^&^%$#@ thing is currently asking for my CD-ROM, which is still packed. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/mad.gif

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Joe, this is exactly my issue with the B4. In fact, 10ms latency is just enough to be frustraing even when sequencing/recording with it. I'd like it at or around 5ms.

The answer is: you need a soundcard that supports ASIO drivers to get the latency lower than 10ms. In other words, you need to use it as if it were a VST plugin, not in directsound mode. With ASIO drivers, the latency slider will now show latencies lower than 10ms, but this doesn't automatically mean that you can achieve those latencies with popping/clicking/voice dropping. I think Anderton did an article about here at MusicPlayer.

I've heard of people getting latencies around 2ms with MOTU cards and their ASIO drivers. Also, do you have it on a dedicated softsynth machine or on a music with a sequencing/audio app?

John

But, I've learned, you don't need a VST host program to use it this way.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Originally posted by Magpel:

I've heard of people getting latencies around 2ms with MOTU cards and their ASIO drivers. Also, do you have it on a dedicated softsynth machine or on a music with a sequencing/audio app?

If I get it, I'll be using on my do-everything PC. It's an AMD Athlon Thunderbird 950, with 128 meg (about to be upgraded with an additional 512 meg) so I fefinitely have the CPU power needed.

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

Originally posted by joegerardi:

If I get it, I'll be using on my do-everything PC. It's an AMD Athlon Thunderbird 950, with 128 meg (about to be upgraded with an additional 512 meg) so I fefinitely have the CPU power needed.

Joe, what's your soundcard?

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

It's the Yamaha 715 Onboard Audio soundcard on the motherboard.

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Have you called MOTU? They are most probably your best bet. You should make it their problem - it's their hardware and software...

Better you should e-mail MOTU...takes a long time to get customer support from them by phone (once took me over a week to speak with someone).

Originally posted by mzeger:

Better you should e-mail MOTU...takes a long time to get customer support from them by phone (once took me over a week to speak with someone).

Wow! That's a long time sitting there with a phone pressed against your ear! How was the hold music during that week, by the way? http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

- Jeff

Archived