Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

If Hip Hop is so easy...

Bobro

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well...

It took me more than those planned couple of hours, it was actually a 4 hours job PLUS the uploading time, but finally I finished a RemiX of "The B Side Wins Again".

As soon as I finish uploading it to the slamjazz.com site, I'll upload it to mine, then I could show the tune to you.

It was really fun !... I'm not really expecting to get 50 K usd per this single tune... a grand would be enough !

Talk to you later...

------------------

Gustavo G Lozada

Moderador de:

MusicPlayer.com/NuestroForo

"La voz en Español en Música y Tecnología"

GusTraX @yahoo.com

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Excellent! Is the female voice sung or is it a sample? very cool http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Thanks Steve and Rod, glad you enjoyed it. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

The female voice is my partner Bernarda, the "men's choir" is me and the multitrack. The drums are looped from a couple of measures of the newest version of our tune "Jantar", udu drum played by Bajram Istrefi Jr.

It would be cool to hear what other people are up to with these remixes- there's a new file up at SlamJamz, "Shut Em Down" with all kinds of musical possibilities implied in the acapella, go for it! I'd like to hear what alphjerk would do with "Shut Em Down", it's quite different from the UMU track- the UMU track sounds good to me.

-CB

Finally...

You can check the Non-sense/Disco/Salsa RemiX of "The B Side Wins Again" at:

http://trax.iuma.com

Is the first song at the list.

It was a very fun job ...

www.guslozada.com

Very cool groove, drums/percussion fit the song well. What did you use? Excellent latin flavour. Danceable hiphop, who knew? http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif Maybe I'll here this next time I go to a night club...

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Catchy montuno......I live on W 25th Street In Nueva York which is rap studio central.....Snoop Dog studio is across the street. I can just hear this coming of the speakers.

The more I hear that montuno the more I like it.

Hopefully after I take care of my cash flow and get my visual digital going I hope can get some tracks for you guys to hear.......as far as that goes you have to watch your ass(ets) be careful who you give that riff to. Peace

Andy

Question for you hiphop pros. How do you go about determining tempo/beat when given just the vocals like at the PE site?

Thanks

Busch

Originally posted by burningbusch@home.com:

Question for you hiphop pros. How do you go about determining tempo/beat when given just the vocals like at the PE site?

Thanks

Busch

You get a hold of the original track, so you can determine the exact Bpm.(which will not always be an exact number. It may be 94.132 bpm as an example)

You then proceed to Stretch the accapella (if needed) to another Bpm, based on the original bpm that you figured out.

alon

Originally posted by burningbusch@home.com:

Busch

Hi Bush.

Not a HipHop Pro... this works for basically everything:

I imported the audio file to CakeWalk and started following the beat over the "Tap Tempo" button... then I got those 105 bpm as an average tempo.

Later, I went to ACID where I did the most of the job and tried the 105 bpm. It was a little slow, so I started with fractions. That got me to the final 105.15 bpm I used in the song.

I had to edit some of the vocals performance to match it exactly with the beat, but basically that's how I got the song's tempo.

------------------

Gustavo G Lozada

Moderador de:

MusicPlayer.com/NuestroForo

"La voz en Español en Música y Tecnología"

GusTraX @yahoo.com

www.guslozada.com