Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Go Sixers!!!!!

Dave Bryce

Originally posted by Curve Dominant:

This thread was started in fun, and David brought me here to contribute to that fun.

You and I will face off in an alley by the Javitz Center, and you can call me some of those names to my face, and we'll see what your face looks like after we leave that alley.

Yeah, you appear to be a fun guy from reading most of your posts.

Sorry, David, and y'all, but once in awhile somebody's gotta stomp on the cockroaches.

Hey Dave,

Thanks for inviting Mr. Happy.

You can trash-talk your way to Palookaville, or you can produce. Don't follow someone else's bad example.

You're right about that. Following your example, I let my posts be brought down to your level. My apologies to the other forum members for that.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't we go back to talkin about cheesesteaks? I like mine with lettuce, tomato, fried onions, cheese whiz, and mayo.

P.S. Shaq should keep his elbow out of Mutumbo's mouth. It's not a contact game. Maybe Shaq shoulda played football. Or try out for the LAPD.

HIP HOP DONT STOP!!!

"Steadyb, you lucky I'm not a bettin' man, you punk..."

"F?ck that. You ain't so steady now, beeeeeooootch!"

"Maybe y'all will mind your muthaf*ckin' manners next time, son."

"Here's more evidence that steadyb doesn't know his *ss from a hole on the moon..."

"If I thought the Sixers couldn't beat LA, I would come right out and say it, because I'm a composer and an artist and in the end I couldn't really give a flyin" f*ck about professional sports."

"But hype doesn't work against guys like AI, Dikembe, Matt Geiger, Eric Snow...these guys are fighters who don't care what's in your f*cking presskit."

"Who the f*ck are you? I haven't seen you contribute jack-sh*t to pro-audio issues here."

"If you're such a f*cking hotshot, we all KNOW that you'll be in NYC for the AES meeting in September. I will be there, too. You and I will face off in an alley by the Javitz Center, and you can call me some of those names to my face, and we'll see what your face looks like after we leave that alley."

"David brought me here to contribute to that fun."

These are just some of the "fun" comments you've brought to this thread.

Not a lot of fun, cleverness, or anything else positive in your words.

While I tried to stick to slamming the Sixers, you chose to get personal, and really lost it when I quoted you back to you. To paraphrase what you said..."you should try and learn from this". Peace

steadyb

p.s. this is a keyboard forum not a pro-audio one.

This thread was started in fun, and David brought me here to contribute to that fun.

Yes, it was, and yes I did.

However, in reading steadyb's posts, I don't think that he ever stopped having fun. Sure, he was talkin' some trash, but he kinda had the right to - his team is decisively winning the series. He's just doing a bit of crowing - I'd say that he's entitled to do so, especially after Wednesday night...yeeessh...the Lakers dominated 'em pretty hard, I'd say.

Admittedly, I asked you to come on down to the forum and play because I thought that it would be fun to get some additional Philly blood down here. However, I kinda think that you're the one who's taking things personally, and perhaps even taking things a bit too far. Do you really feel the need to have to tout your credits as a musician? Where did THAT come from? How is that relative? Is it really necessary to challenge him to a face-off in an alley behind the Javitz? What is up with that?

Fer cryin' out loud, Eric - it's a sporting event. Our boys are getting woofed. So what? Lighten up, willya?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Dave,

I couldn't agree more. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

You and I had a nice go 'round that was good natured, fun, and "in the spirit" of sportsmanship, with absolutely no hard feelings, conducted in a manner that left no doubt as to our mutual intentions, and ended with keen observations about both teams, that were, IMO, relevant and humble coming from two opposing "rooters".

What a nice change of pace it is to joke around and "flame" a virtual friend without having to resort to some highschool bravado.

Gentlemen, I submit that the man who needs to tout his "credentials" as a means of showing his importance, to win an unrelated argument nonetheless, is usually the least important of the bunch!

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gifjohn

P.S. Dave, You have a great sense of diplomacy. It does not go unnoticed. Thanks!

I dunno, boys...I just went back and read that post again, and I don't see what all you babies are crying about. Y'all sure did do a thorough job of picking it apart, though. Do you clowns ever find time for music?

>>steadyb

p.s. this is a keyboard forum not a pro-audio one.<<

Thanks for reminding me why I never post here.

Eric Vincent (ASCAP)

www.curvedominant.com

Originally posted by Steve LeBlanc:

Back to business tonight...Lakers in 5! (should have been a sweep)

Hmmm...

I wonder if it's at all possible that Kobe's...ummm...relaxed performance in Game 1 wasn't because he knew he'd have a bunch of endor$ement commercial starring him during the series, so maybe he saw the benefit$ of making the series appear to be closer than it was. More games = more commercials and higher ratings...after all, it is a Busine$$...

I wonder about stuff like that sometimes...maybe it's just me...

Well, by that theory, the Sixers may win tonight... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

I still hope that they do - I've been really enjoying this series, and I'd hate for it to be over. I wanna see more games!!!! Go Sixers!!!!!

dB

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

More games = more commercials and higher ratings...after all, it is a Busine$$...

It's not just you. I think about shit like that all the time. And I think about it with my marketing guy hat on, which would certainly dictate that if there were some more $$$ to be made by...let's say, perhaps, not playing as well as one might have under other circumstances...I don't think the world of pro sports is so far beyond that lack of integrity that it couldn't happen.

But then, I just kind of say, "Shut up, you paranoid brain," and just watch the damn game. Hey, it's entertaining one way or the other, right? That's why we watch sports, huh?

Oh, and as long as there's not some weird corporate conspiracy going...

LAKERS TAKE THE CHAMPIONSHIP TONIGHT...GAME 5...MINI SWEEP...GO LAKERS!!!

- JEFF

Hmmm...

I wonder if it's at all possible that Kobe's...ummm...relaxed performance in Game 1 wasn't because he knew he'd have a bunch of endor$ement commercial starring him during the series, so maybe he saw the benefit$ of making the series appear to be closer than it was. More games = more commercials and higher ratings...after all, it is a Busine$$...

dB

Nope, you and Ray Allen, by whose logic the refs should certainly be favoring the Sixers tonight to extend the series.

BTW, what did y'all think of the entirely hostile reception that Destiny's Child got at that silly halftime show? What is this, the Orange Bowl? Whose idea was that, and is he/she still gainfully employed today.

As far as Kobe playing to extend the life of his endorsements, phew, if he is I hope it blows up in his face...

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

I highly doubt this...Kobe was in line to get those endorsments this year regardless...all he had to do is show up and play great.

BUT...the refs do affect the games purposefully...I'm sure of it...there is a "conspiracy". However, it's up to a team to overcome those odds regardless. I think it was obvious the refs/NBA/NBC did everything they could to keep the Lakers from sweeping the first 3 rounds...they failed because the Lakers were just too dominant regardless of timely bad calls.

I think the Refs took Shaq out of game 3 on purpose figuring the Sixers would win it if they stepped up...surprise Robert Horry stepped up and Iverson choked.

Even if there is no conspiracy the refs do make sure that both teams have a fair opportunity to win...you've got to make the baskets...miss them and you lose. It's still a very real game and the most effort wins.

Do you clowns ever find time for music?

Maybe we just type faster that you. Posting on this forum takes only moments and most of us enjoy sharing info, opinions, and having fun here. As far as being babies goes, you're the one who ran off and hid when your team lost three straight, and then after a little good natured ribbing, came back crying and wanting to start a fight. That's fine I suppose, if you're 4 years old, in which case let me say you type very well. But if in fact you're actually a grown man, then bring some maturity along and act like it. Then again maybe you're just trying to be more like Iverson...shoot under 40 percent and then blame the refs for losing.

steadyb

p.s. I am sorry that the Lakers being way better than the Sixers upsets you so much. Best of luck with your music.

I think the thing that is easy for us to forget when watching these finals, is that we have a visual birds eye view of the action. I can imagine I would feel differently about officiating and players motives if i saw the action from their visual perspective.

-john

P.S. Curve, you are an even bigger wiener than I thought. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

I don't know John...I've been to a lot of games and in most cases the fouls look more obvious in person than they do on TV...that's my experience anyway.

Not mine.

Played high school bball for four years, and officiated a youth league for a couple years in college. It's amazing how easy it is to completely miss something that's so blatantly obvious on a videotape from a higher/different angle. And, of course, as a player you get to know the angles behind the ref and away from the ball in which you can throw a mean elbow and not get caught. I have a lot of respect for refs...it's a hard job and everyone hates you.

That having been said, I hate bad officiating when it really affects the outcome of a game...any game.

LAKERS!!! LAKERS!!! LAKERS!!!

- Jeff

Yeah you've got a point Jeff...I guess it just looked more obvious from up high at the Staples Center or the old Forum.

I still think the Refs try to even things up a little and even give unfair breaks to underdog or money making teams. There are just too many blatent examples:

Chicago/Utah Finals series...Game 6 (c'mon Michael wasn't THAT good http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif)

Seattle/Phoenix Western Conference Champ series...Game 7 (how many free throws did Phoenex shoot???)

and many more.

But like I said...the best team always wins in the end. Right? Who cares...

LAKERS YEEEEAAAAHHH BOYEEEE!

>>steadyb

p.s. this is a keyboard forum not a pro-audio one.<<

Thanks for reminding me why I never post here.

Yeah, I understand. These keyboards can get pretty complicated.

Are you boys STILL talking about Basketball? http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/eek.gif

Sex and sports...the 2 most important topics

on the keyboard forum! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Valky.....in Aspen....feeling cold....... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

Valkyrie Sound:

http://www.vsoundinc.com

Now at TSUTAYA USA:

http://www.tsutayausa.com

Originally posted by valkyriesound:

Valky.....in Aspen....feeling cold....... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

Want me to come over so I can warm you up?

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Calling it now...Lakers not only Threepeat,...but instead go for the Quad...Four straight titles, maybe even a cool 5, leaving people 5 years from now going, "Bulls who???", "...and remember back in '01 when steadyb called it?"

Lakers, you did L.A. proud!!! Lakers in 5!!!

Originally posted by valkyriesound:

Are you boys STILL talking about Basketball? http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/eek.gif

Sex and sports...the 2 most important topics

on the keyboard forum! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

SPORTS... one of those activites chicks love too...

Hey, Goddess, I could send you my newest pictures to help you out to warm out a little... just ask for them http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Who won last night? basketball... waasat?

GusTraX

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Originally posted by GusTraX:

Who won last night?

GusTraX

That would be the Lakers, my friend.

No time for losers (sorry Curv)

'cause we are The Champions of the World.

steadyb

Y'know it would be perfectly understandable if Dave went back and edited all of his earlier posts to make it look like he was routing for LA all along. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

Whaddaya mean? I was rooting for the Lakers all along...see, this was just my clever way to throw you guys off and generate a bunch of posts!!

Yeah, right...

Dominant game - wish the series had gone longer. Oh, well...

Next year, baby - Sixers in 4!!!!

dB

Go Raiders!

Whaddaya mean? I was rooting for the Lakers all along...see, this was just my clever way to throw you guys off and generate a bunch of posts!!

Yeah, right...

Dominant game - wish the series had gone longer. Oh, well...

Next year, baby - Sixers in 4!!!!

dB

Go Raiders!

At least Dave has the balls to show up here unlike Bent unDominant, and the other Sixer fans we haven't seen since game 1.

...kinda like Iverson not speaking to the press after the Lakers repeated as champs.

Thanks Dave.

Archived