Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Go Sixers!!!!!

Dave Bryce

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't gonna say anything, 'cause I didn't know if you were a basketball fan on not. I know you like football...

...but since you brought it up...

LAKERS IN 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steadyb

p.s. enjoy your night, it will be Philly's last win of the season.

Damn!!! I type too slow!!!! ( I wanted to be the first reply)

Too bad that won't help the Sixers.

Sincerely,

Lakers In Four

This message has been edited by steadyb on 06-03-2001 at 11:21 PM

Okay - fine.

Game 3 (which I believe will be played next Sunday)...the sports bar of your choosing in the Valley. I'll brave the both of you, and the hometown crowd...

...and anyone else from the forum who wants to join us...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

You're on, it'll be nice to see ya...and have a bit of sympathy http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif. I'll post my idea of a good place tomorrow...

What bar do you frequent SteadyB? I tend to hang out at English Pubs for the good beers.

This message has been edited by Steve LeBlanc on 06-04-2001 at 02:35 AM

An English pub might not have the game on. Yankee Doodles is a sports bar in Woodland Hills that will certainly have the game on, plus food and drinks galore. Big screens, and smaller screens in the bar. It's up to you guys.

steadyb

p.s. there's always the Hooters in Glendale or Pasedena that channel 9 (KCAL) broadcasts from. That place will be packed, early arrival a must.

I'm for anywhere that serves an authentic "Philly" cheesesteak. Ya know, with tomatoes, green peppers, onions, mesquite bar-b-q flavor, etc,, the works. A REAL Philly cheesesteak.

Ya know, with tomatoes,

green peppers, onions, mesquite bar-b-q flavor, etc,, the works. A REAL Philly

cheesesteak.

HA!

Yeah Yankee Doodles sounds good because it's relatively close to Dave. I don't know...do they get really crowded? I'm all for a good sized crowd but don't want to be stuck in the parking lot. I've only been there once and it was on a weekday.

An English pub might not have the game on.

Well you'd be surprised..."The Robin Hood" in VanNuys has a lot of British Laker fans and is a classy place to drink.

Whatever works...Yankee Doodles is fine or ? (anyone else coming?)

Originally posted by steadyb:

I'm for anywhere that serves an authentic "Philly" cheesesteak. Ya know, with tomatoes, green peppers, onions, mesquite bar-b-q flavor, etc,, the works. A REAL Philly cheesesteak.

At Pat's, at Geno's, and at Jim's, they would laugh their asses off at the thought of a cheesesteak with tomatoes, bbq sauce, etc. on it. It's beef, Cheez Whiz (don't mock it until you've tried it), and the roll - period.

However, it will be Lakers in 5 - I'm nothing if gracious to the Sixers. Iverson will get off in more than one game, score 45-50, but the rest of the Philly offense will get shut down. Shaq can take Dikembe. Maybe the Zen Master cemented Shaquille's shoes to the foul line during practice and made him shoot a few hundred free throws during the week. At least the NBA got the finals it was praying for...can you imagine how little anyone would care if it were a Lakers/Bucks finals?

Originally posted by mzeger:

At Pat's, at Geno's, and at Jim's, they would laugh their asses off at the thought of a cheesesteak with tomatoes, bbq sauce, etc. on it. It's beef, Cheez Whiz (don't mock it until you've tried it), and the roll - period.

...or white American cheese in place of the Whiz....fried onions are, of course, acceptable as well, but not required. mzeger is totally correct here - steak, cheese, roll - that's it.

It's amazing to me how often I see "Authentic Philly Cheesesteak" on a restaurant's menu which then goes on to list a bunch of items (usually onions, peppers and mushrooms) that you don't normally see on a cheesesteak With just onions, peppers (ugh) and mushrooms, it's a Cheese Steak Bomb. If you get it with lettuce, tomato, and mayo it's a Cheese Steak Hoagie.

If you combine all of that stuff on one, it's...well...an unrecognizeable mess, if you ask me... http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/otn/sad/nea.gif

dB

Cheesesteak Worshipper

Number me among those who think this lovely sixers team won't be able to play with the Lakers (esp. sans Geroge Lynch and a healthy, ambulatory Eric Snow). Eastern champs is going to have to be consolation enough, and probably for a few more years. Which all bums me out because I rather despise this Laker team. (The good thing about that is it puts me in touch with the way that the rest of the world feels about my beloved Yankees...)

But Philly has much to be proud of. Heart, character, guts, all cliches but all true in this case. I was rooting for the Bucks because I thought it would be a better a series with LA (because of all the Bucks' offensive guns, you never know when they're going to explode). I'll watch with interest, and I'm virtually praying that the Sixers take at least one.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Originally posted by mzeger:

At least the NBA got the finals it was praying for...can you imagine how little anyone would care if it were a Lakers/Bucks finals?

Sixers, Bucks, Spurs, Kings, Blazers, etc...

...like it really matters who they send at the Lakers...

...coming soon...15 and oh, they don't give rings for 2nd place.

Originally posted by valkyriesound:

You guys are going to have a party without

me???? http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/frown.gif

I'm leaving for Aspen on Saturday for 3 months...

Sad Valky.... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/frown.gif

Well, Valky, I guess these guys are looking for something to do in your absence...

Gus

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

I know my Magic are re-thinking that decission to re-sign Shaq....ooooh it still hurts......real hard to talk about. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/cool.gif

------------------

Big Dave

Big Dave

Sixers, Bucks, Spurs, Kings, Blazers, etc...

...like it really matters who they send at the Lakers...

...coming soon...15 and oh, they don't give rings for 2nd place.

Follow the money...I'm talking TV ratings and revenue here. At least NBA and NBC get the #2 vs. #5 media markets. With no disrespect intended to smaller cities, Milwaukee, Charlotte, San Antonio...all the kiss of death for ratings right from the start (include Toronto: Nielsen ratings don't cound Canadian audience). If LA blows out Philly in Game 1, this could be one of the least watched NBA finals ever.

Also, the team revenues suffer. I recently read that a series has to go 5+ games for teams to really cash in. I don't quite understand that one. It's seems that the entire postseason is a license to print money.

Originally posted by dansouth@yahoo.com:

The Lakers are due for a slump. I'm going with the Sixers.

My brother in the sovereign state of NJ is with me! Thank you Dan!!!!

Y'all, don't make me get Curve Dominant down here...he's from Philly too... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

dB

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

My brother in the sovereign state of NJ is with me! Thank you Dan!!!!

Y'all, don't make me get Curve Dominant down here...he's from Philly too... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

dB

You can get everyone in Philly, New Jersey, the rest of the country, and their brother... the Sixers will still win ZERO games this series. The Lakers next "slump" will be from drinking too much champagne in celebration after game 4. "GO LAKERS!!!

steadyb

the Sixers will still win ZERO games this series.

Dude, you're smokin' the good stuff.

No one has EVER swept the playoffs. EVER. The last (only?) team that came close was...the Sixers in '83, who went four-five-four, sweeping the...ummm...Lakers in the finals.

Yes, I know, all of those guys are gone, but tradition will hold. The Sixers will NOT be swept, regardless of how well Kobe plays, OR the hyper-thyroid case with the Superman tattoo..

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gifhttp://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gifhttp://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

dB

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Dude, you're smokin' the good stuff.

That's beside the point.

Kobe has the killer instinct that Jordan had, and then some, Fisher's shooting is deadly, Fox, Grant, and Horry are stepping up big time, and Superman will crush Mutumbo, roll him up and smoke him. Sorry, but the Sixers had the unfortunate bad luck to run into the Lakers now. January...maybe they win a game or two...June I'm afraid not.

... now maybe if they were a Premium Member...

it'll be fun watching them try (they may even have the lead in a game or two, just not at the final buzzer)

steadyb

Kobe has the killer instinct that Jordan had, and then some, Fisher's shooting is deadly, Fox, Grant, and Horry are stepping up big time, and Superman will crush Mutumbo, roll him up and smoke him

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

They're ALL playing well. Both teams. That's why they're in the finals.

LA has had a week and change off - I'm thinking that it may have cooled them off a bit. Plus, they''re reading their own press, which means that they're gonna be cocky. The Sixers have some serious momentum, and they're under-rated...and hungry.

It's the obvious no-brainer to say LA in 4. I think you're in for a big surprise. Keep your eye on the little guy...and watch out for Raja Bell.

dB

I don't care if Iverson goes off for 50 every game. If he continues to

shoot 37% from the field it will be Lakers in 4. Unless of course he gets

to the line 30 times each game.

D

BTW Kobe's playoff FG % is 49.6 and Shaq's is 54.7. Philly can't touch that.

Archived