Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tsunami - Website

I've written an outline that everyone involved should take a look at. If you would save the file to your hard-drive and edit the MISCELLANEOUS and MUSIC sections accordingly, or just share your additions/changes with these 2 sections only, in this thread... please make sure you specify which section you are talking about in bold.

http://www.phait-accompli.com/crap/fof.txt

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Phait:

I'm working on the design right now, it's coming along quite well. I should be done with that soon, then on to content.

The man's a powerhouse!!!!! :thu:

I have sent content etc to Pahit and also I need to sort out how people can pay the DEC and then download without us being scammed.

Ideas people? it has to be in in 3 denominations, £, $ and Euros.

We could rely on the good nature of people to actually contribute and then download which would leave the song open and that isnt something i want to risk...ideas anyone at all?

This is giving me a headache to say the least.

unfortunately i dont know how its done.

have you checked out how other charities website are doing it? maybe we could ask them for advice?

did you see what i said on andertons forum about Paypal? Might be VERY limiting to ask everyone to sign up for a paypal account just for a one off £2 payment?!? what do you think.

this should be open to everyone with a credit card and internet access!

The technophobes would run a mile!

Beyond the download, is there any way to control the distribution of the song, or is that even anything worth pursuing?

And, what of other agencies for cash transfers, i.e. Western Union et al. Perhaps they could be contacted re: assisting in this.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

I think we go with the following flow:

1. Person goes to our website

2. Our website says "to download song you will require receipt number from your donation to Oxfam etc"

3. Person fills out email form that asks for receipt number etc.

4. On successful completion of form they get URL

It's not ideal but unless Oxfam can do something at their end web-wise I don't see we have a lot of choice...

Originally posted by nursers:

2. Our website says "to download song you will require receipt number from your donation to Oxfam etc"

It's not ideal but unless Oxfam can do something at their end web-wise I don't see we have a lot of choice...

does that mean there'll have to be someone at oxfam issuing numbers, and us confirming them?

would an automatic reg. number work.. ooooohhhh...Iduno. its a bit of a pickle.

THe streaming thing might be possible.

step1. Pay: switch,visa,mastercard

step2. clearance and stream with mediaplayer.

I thought there was some kind of shopping cart software that might handle the paying side like this.

Originally posted by Chris_C:

Originally posted by nursers:

does that mean there'll have to be someone at oxfam issuing numbers, and us confirming them?

would an automatic reg. number work.. ooooohhhh...Iduno. its a bit of a pickle.

THe streaming thing might be possible.

step1. Pay: switch,visa,mastercard

step2. clearance and stream with mediaplayer.

I thought there was some kind of shopping cart software that might handle the paying side like this.

I do have access to shopping cart software, which I can limit to accepting PayPal only I think.

As far as my flow suggestion, it's all an honesty system i.e. no automated or manual checking, just no URL for download until a receipt number is entered...

We really need to get a pay system in place before I can at least implement stuff into the music page. And of course I/we'll need to know when the song(s) are done.

I think we should have minimum 2 pay/download options, one of them being iTunes if possible. I don't know about Weed, I've never heard of it and I'm not sure how comfortable the general public would be with it since it's unfamiliar compared to iTunes or just an MP3 download.

I'm going to drop by in webdesign chat and search for ways to encrypt a file name, so each time someone downloads an MP3, it would be renamed with some random number bit, and the exact URL for one person couldn't be useable for another.

I realized this wouldn't be ideal... you could have a number of requests in quick succession and not everyone would get their file, unless there was some sort of waiting-line system, but those suck, and you could be waiting too long.

Archived