Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your dream collaboration?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by The Tedster of Christmas Present:

I'd feel outgunned by anyone...so, I think I'll just collaborate with myself. :D

I would feel the same but no way I wouldn't be taking the opportunity. You are too modest Mr Tedster ;)

Wow, there are so many names that are popping into my head, my natural instinct is to supply a list.

Ok, one, I would say Dave Gilmore. I would so love to just do ANYTHING musical with him. Truth be told, I'd probably have to fight not to slip into adoring fan mode.

I really don't know what to put here.

Originally posted by Sylver:

Ok, one, I would say Dave Gilmore. I would so love to just do ANYTHING musical with him. Truth be told, I'd probably have to fight not to slip into adoring fan mode.

Hey, even big names do that when they collaborate with their idols. Me, being a Beatles fan, was highly amused when I read Jeff Lynne's (ELO) accounts of working with the then-remaining fab three on their '95 release. Lynne, who had a considerable amount of success himself, and had worked with Harrison quite a bit, was blown away by the project.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

This probably sounds corny, but whatever, it's the truth: I'm DOING my dream collaboration. There is no one I'd rather work with than the guys I work with, period. :thu:

As far as the production end of things though, it sure wouldn't suck to do a record with Glyn Johns. His kid Ethan also seems to have an awful lot going for him.

Originally posted by The Tedster of Christmas Present:

How about a dream collaboration of everyone on the forum doing "We are the world" HAHAHAHA (ducks as objects come hurtling at him)...

You know, it's posts like this that start trouble.
I really don't know what to put here.

Originally posted by nursers:

If you could collaborate with one person on a song or album, who would it be? ONE person ;)

Mine would be Neil Finn.

Damn.

I saw this thread title, came to make my small contribution, and not only found that my choice was taken, he was the first one mentioned!

:)

Peter Gabriel would be an amazing mentor to collaborate with as well.

Regards,

--SCP

SoundEngine.com: Vintage Synths, Accordions, Organs, and Ambient Sound FX

http://www.soundengine.com/

In all seriousness, I'd do a collaboration with Weird Al in a heartbeat. Well, I wouldn't do the collaboration in all seriousness, per se. I mean, we wouldn't. Al and me, that is. Weird Al. Wouldn't be serious, I mean. I mean, we'd be serious, but the song wouldn't be serious. It'd be funny. The song would. Oh, forget it.

Archived