Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Collaboration Offer- Boot Kickin Country

Rob,

I just tossed up another vox track that would reflect how the rest of the vox would come in after the two measure addition (It's layered into the first vocal for timing purposes). With the exception of that two measure section right where it's shown, the rest is perfect. The new track I just tossed up is just pieced together so the levels are variable.... still just ideas... Is the two measure an easy enough?

BTW, I accidentally reversed the verse lines when singing it.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ani,

Cool, I'll check it out this afternoon when I get home.

Adding the two measures is easy enough. All the track's I put up are scratch track's, I'll be redoing all of them anyway. That step will be time consuming though and I don't want to start it tell the framework is locked down. I'll be shooting for perfection the next go around.

Steve, all the little fills and nuances of the guitar track will remain the same, it won't impact your work!

Rob

Originally posted by Rob Campbell:

If someone wants to do the drum parts,

That's why I posted the tunes of mine, to see if that's the way everyone wants to go. They're examples of what loop CD's I have. If you like them, I can do the drums.

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Steve,

I just listened to the two tracks you put up; I'm cool with you taking a shot at the drums and I'm even further convinced that I want YOU to help me on the "Courtroom Brawl" song that I've mentioned in the past; the horns are something that I'd like in that song as well as the organ. Once we get done with this one, if you're interested in CB (same offer goes to Rob as well), let me know and we'll go from there; it's almost Honky Tonkin'. I've actually got some music tracks laid down to that one, but I don't really consider myself to be an expert instrument player of any sort and welcome/encourage the input of others more adept.

Perhaps he's looking to just layer them in on top of the structure already there Rob, I know that my SOMA team guys did that and instead of replacing the drums, they just enhanced what was already there. I'm not sure what Steve has in mind...

Whatever works between the two of you for the best outcome is cool with me.

I do want to mention though, that I "LIKE" what Rob has going on with the rhythm section... even if he plans to redo it. The vibe is there that gets me feeling spunky enough to deliver the vocals in the way they are intended. If we start dressing it up too much or toning it down, we might lose that vibe.

Steve, what do you have in mind for the drum tracks??? Layering and enhancing what Rob has going on, or completely redoing them???

It took me a while to get working with drum loop CD's. I got a little system so that's a big help. Also it's only as good as the CD. A lot of CD's I've auditioned might be full of beats but no fills. They might be heavy with breakbeats & no shuffles, etc. I've also checked out Discete Drums, they're laid out in song format, which is nice, but all you get are 3 songs. If your song isn't suitable, your SOL. It seems a lot of tunes I've worked with have been a little weird, bass notes on the 2 and ah, so it takes some versatile CD's to cover them.

Ani, I'm happy to keep going on your tunes. I know you'll keep driving them to get them finished. With CTF I'm thinking about replacing the drum track, but I like what Rob has done with the intro & the 1st verse, so I take that as a suggestion & do something similar. In the meantime Rob's drum track will allow everyone to get their parts going. I'll do my other parts before I do the drums, if that's OK.

Steve

I'm on top something with CTF, so if Rob isn't doing anything, maybe he wouldn't mind continuing with the drum track. I also feel like I'm hogging all the tracks. I could just continue with what I'm doing & still add a piano & an organ track.

Steve

Ani,

I had kind of a major 'puter disaster...

Didn't lose any major files,

but alot of "little" things...

Could you PM me with the name/location

of our trusty ol' FTP software,

so I can re-install it to access your stuff...?

Could you also include passwords, etc. so I

can get to the SOMA stuff as well as your new one...?

I'd definitely like to hear the

progress and maybe add some noise...

Thanks,

Bob

Bob Phillips

20to20soundesign

Thanks Ani, I got your email...

Couldn't find the utilities folder with WS FTP, tho...

Online I could find WS FTP LE (for students only),

and the pro version for $50...

I don't remember having to claim I was a student

when I d/l'd this the first time...

Did we a have different free version before...?

Thanks,

Bob

Bob Phillips

20to20soundesign

Ani,

The first time I went here:

ftp.musicbizbuzz.net,

it asked for Login & Password...

I entered as "Fantasy" (etc)...

Now when I enter, it takes me automatically

there without asking for Login...

So I can't login to the "collab/country" section,

and therefore I can't check for the utilities folder...

Sorry to hijack this thread... :o

Bob

Bob Phillips

20to20soundesign

Hi Steve,

Sounds good my man! You do the supporting role very well, didn't step on any parts at all! Alway's the sighn of a good musician to me.

I did notice a few timing issues on some of the "figures", something I'm sure you're aware of. Also, do you have any other "fiddle" patches ? I'm hearin' the fiddle as a prominet part in the song. My experience in country is that the fiddle can come off sounding like a farfisa organ in the mix. If you don't, I've got Kirk Hunter's Solo Strings if you'd like to send me the MIDI file,

Your turn to tell me to go jump in the lake!

Rob

Sounds good my man! You do the supporting role very well, didn't step on any parts at all! Alway's the sighn of a good musician to me.

Thank you

I did notice a few timing issues on some of the "figures", something I'm sure you're aware of.

Not really, which parts? I not sure I can get the stuff any tighter. These runs are pretty fast & I thought I had them. I'm not sure I read well enough to understand the notes in notation. But you could try me or suggest some other way.

I'm hearin' the fiddle as a prominet part in the song. My experience in country is that the fiddle can come off sounding like a farfisa organ in the mix.

Yes, I do have others. What exactly are you looking for? We have a mix now, does it sound like a Farfisa? How can I hear the Kirk Hunter strings? I did a search on the net & got nothing.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Here's a link for the "Kirk Hunter Strings"

http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/solostrings.html

It's pricey, but very convincing.

On the timing issues, would it help if I sent a score of the runs?

Also put up CTF #6 on the FTP. Re-tracked Rythm guit, wasn't happy with the "tone". Put a lil' sumpin' in the solo section to temporarily fill the hole, punched in a few bass part's, a few volume envelope's to move it closer to a mix.

Rob

Wow that Kirk Hunter stuff is really nice & I don't have anything that nice. I'm really rethinking that this fiddle stuff was a bad idea. I thought I could do a convincing fiddle part, but really I guess the sound & the playing aren't cutting it, so I think I'll just bow out. Thanks.

Steve

Archived