Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Collaboration Offer- Boot Kickin Country

Originally posted by Rob Campbell:

I'll whip up a rough draft this weekend. Ani, can you clue me in as to where I can post this for everyone?

Rob

I'll set up a space on my server and send PM's out when I get it ready.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would it be possible for all you guys participating to email me your regular email addresses so that I can set you up on Outlook for mailing form letters of instruction all at once?

That way I won't have to send PM'S to each of you individually. I'll try to get my forum back up in the very near future.

Oakey dokey, I've got a rough draft goin on. I mean ROUGH! The tempo is all straightend out and I changed the phrasing a tad to get things to fit. Sparse drums, cheezy bass, one take guitar track and , ahem, my very rusty scratch vocal.

Should be enough to get the ball rolling. Tomorrow I'll tweak it a little and put it on my private listening room at Songramp so you can see if the direction I took meet's with your approval, if so, I'll make versions minus drums, another minus bass etc. so everyone can add thier part.

Rob

Okay Rob,

THANKS!!! I got it and I'm listening to it now. I had another message that I was typing out and some stupid cursor pop up window just consumed my browser and forced me to close the message to get rid of the cursor and all of the obnoxious pop up windows.

There are a few places in there where it would be nice to have a break... perhaps a delay just right before going into ... "You're just a Cheap Talking Fool" following (I won't be crying over you) and then somewhat of a small lead back into "I'd plant a garden full of roses..."

However, I am listening to your vocals laid into the music tracks and getting a feel for how you did your tune. Do you see where I'm talking about needing a break just before going into the title line... so to give it just a bit of emphasis?

Overall, a very nice job. :thu::thu::thu:

Cool, yeah I agree about the break you describe. I was trying to adhere as closely as possible to your accapella version. First collab on these boards, don't want to step on any toes...

I've got a couple ideas for a reaccuring theme that might work good inserted in there. Won't be able to do anything else on it today, the family unit is clammering...

Rob

Cool....

I'm pretty open to bending the vocals to a quality instrumentation with more adequate rests and lead ins.

The vocal start could use just a small walk in to the correct pitch if it's not too much of a biggie, as well, although I can get used to the way you have it now after listening to your lead in. Another hard area to come back into is directly right after the bridge.... the chorus is right there and as it is, would nearly require a second vocalist. Of course, that's not always a bad thing. :D Dixie Chicks could handle it well.

Thanks for working this much up... and I'll look forward to hearing more once you have more time. I'm fine with you allowing the others to hear what's working on it whenever you are comfortable with it; see what everyone else thinks.

The more I listen to this, the more I hear B3guy coming in with a squawling organ at about the 2nd measure of the intro....

:thu::thu::thu:

The intro and lead in to verse is fine, I cut the word "really" out of the first line and it times in perfect with the first hard beat of the verse.

Guys,

I don't feel comfortable in giving out the passcode to Rob's private listening area, and the song is streamed so I don't have it on my hard drive to load into the FTP site.

Rob, if you have the time and would like to load the two files into the FTP space, there is a folder in there called "ctf" to load content into.

Rob,

It's a fairly simple process. If you know how to copy and paste a file, it can be as simple as that. The PM with the access codes that I sent to you will allow you to open the location and all you would need to do is find your file on your mp3 and hit right click copy then open the file in the FTP space and hit right click paste. You can do this process without downloaded any programs.

However, once we get into the process of uploading wav files, there is a program called Shorten that some of us have used; and if one uses it to transfer a file, the others must have a copy of it to open the files. It's a file compression program. Also, there is an WS_FTP program that will allow you to access the FTP location direct.

Once the ball gets rolling, it would be nice if we can all transfer files through the FTP space so to have quality copies to work with. I was going to load a copy of the file into my Roland and play around with it a bit, but with it being streamed, I would have to capture the stream...

I'll resend the access information to the group in my address book.

John Lampson.... I still do not have your email address to include in the mailings.

I'm on a Mac using OS X & I had troubles accessing the FTP site using Explorer. I tried Fetch & hooked up, no problems. Do a search for Fetch & see if you can get a copy. If you can't, I got it for OS 9 & X.

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

OK, I've got a slightly different arrangement goin' on, though to be honest, I'm not sure it's "better" than the first one. Ani, I implemented most of what we talked about. Have any of you guy's listened to what I've got? Any thoughts? Suggestions?

I'll re-track it and post it soon as possible, probably a couple more day's.

Rob

I've listened to what you've got there Rob, and I like it. I'm going to start playing with it and see what I can come up with as far as "accent guitar" work. :thu: I'm thinking I might go for a little slide guitar work.

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Archived