Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT-Significant Lowdowners

BigKahuna855

What brought me to the LowDown and keeps me here is the collective knowledge of a bunch of hacks moderated by a few educated and experienced contributors.

So I like the place, and I intend to hang around. The pros make me want to quit my day job and join a band, the newbies remind me that I'm not all that far removed from newbiedom myself.

Getz - your post was timely, and since you were kind enough to mention me (and, I make you laugh), I'll quit thinking of masochistic things to do with this rusty A string.

- Matt W.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
- Tom C. will always post a very bad pun in response to pretty much anything...

...- da_lady_in_da_pink_dress, bigkahuna, jimbojones, and the other young ones keep us VERY jealous of times past

i do think that Jeremyc will help anyone, he's a nice guy. ;)

lol, i kinda figured you'd bring up some stupid thread that i made before i figured out that this was an actual bass player forum. :D:eek:

did anyone ever notice.....i am the same age as da_lady_in_da_pink_dress, bigkahuna, jimbojones and "the other young ones".

im only 15 you guys, probably the youngest one here, lol. :D;)

-BGO

5 words you should live by...

Music is its own reward

---------------

My Band: www.Myspace.com/audreyisanarcissist

Originally posted by getz76:

- greenboy disappears and makes me sad

I found him again at the Extended Range Bass forum and got chatting about those strange things that he and I are prone to discussing (i.e. excessive effects and cunning hi-fi rigs etc.) Then I went on holiday for a week and by my return he'd gone from being a moderator to having a tantrum and disappearing! :( I'm starting to see why he lives in a remote cabin in Montana!

I've been a bit quiet recently - new job and working from home means that the time I 'waste' on here is my own rather than my company's, with which I could be doing something productive like practicing, songwriting or finding a singer that'll actually turn up...

It's nice to see the LDL developing yet managing to remain in another league to most forums. Makes me want to start an All Bass Orchestra!

Alex

Originally posted by way2fat:

I'll second that about being in a different league, Alex. Being as its election time in the US, I've been venting in the political forum lately. Whooeee what a difference!

Totally different- but just as interesting (in it's own wild west, no-holds-barred way)

I like this forum as it does maintain more than a modicum of respectability and respect for fellow posters.

Hopefully, we keep it this way.

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Originally posted by Sweet Willie:

BTW, Maury, what have you accounted for today? Or, perhaps better put, what have you counted today?

Well, in between posts I have reviewed an exciting new derivative hedging program my client is implementing to hedge on a new annuities product feature.

You asked.

Originally posted by forceman:

Originally posted by way2fat:

I'll second that about being in a different league, Alex. Being as its election time in the US, I've been venting in the political forum lately. Whooeee what a difference!

Totally different- but just as interesting (in it's own wild west, no-holds-barred way)

I like this forum as it does maintain more than a modicum of respectability and respect for fellow posters.

Hopefully, we keep it this way.

Speaking of respect for fellow posters, I have seen a lot fewer "USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION, STUPID!" replies. Keep up the good work,

Thanks,

from a not-so-recent-noob

.~.

Originally posted by Sweet Willie:

BTW, Maury, what have you accounted for today? Or, perhaps better put, what have you counted today?

Well, in between posts I have reviewed an exciting new derivative hedging program my client is implementing to hedge on a new annuities product feature.

You asked.

How DO you manage to step away from that sort of thing to play and post here?

Peace,

wraub

Will-check yer PMs...

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

there i changed the title so im safer from your flames :D;)

BGO- i think that pickpunk is younger than you and I, i believe he is 14 so that would make him the youngest(as far as i know).

"I'm thinkin' we should let bump answer this one...

Prepare to don Nomex!"

-social critic

"When I install my cannons, I'm totally going to blast their asses back to the 16th century; Black Beard style"

-bumpcity

I have reviewed an exciting new derivative hedging program my client is implementing to hedge on a new annuities product feature.

You asked.

I did indeed ask. I apologize to everyone for putting them through the response. My bad. :(;)

Speaking of hedging, the plant life residing on the lot of my new home needs some grooming. Where did I pack those clippers and pruners?!?

Peace.

--s-dub

PS: Have my last few posts upped my "significance"? :confused::D

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Wow! I am very honored to have been mentioned, and so favorably!

I am glad that my contributions to this forum are valued, because there are no words to adequately describe the contribution this forum and all of it's superb members have made to my life.

I am so grateful. I NEVER would have moved forward without you.

And thank you BigKahuna and Tom and Getz for the mentions. Getz... that is a GREAT list and a lot of work to put it together!

I LOVE YOU BUNCH OF BASS PLAYERS! :love::D

... connie z

"Change comes from within." - Jeremy Cohen

The definition of LUCK: When Preparation meets Opportunity!

http://www.cybergumbo.com

I thought I was the youngest until we did the introduce yourself thread: 17 last May.

BGO: you've established quite a reputation, my applause....

*bows*

why thank you.

:thu:

see, i told you guys that being an asshole sometimes gets you somewhere. ;):eek:

BGO- i think that pickpunk is younger than you and I, i believe he is 14 so that would make him the youngest(as far as i know).

ok....2nd youngest, but still the sexiest, lol. :D:eek:

-BGO

5 words you should live by...

Music is its own reward

---------------

My Band: www.Myspace.com/audreyisanarcissist

I'd say the tribute to this forum is how much action this particular thread has gotten recently. It says a lot about our attitude towards each other and our appreciation for the support, and open thoughts.

Mike Bear

Artisan-Vocals/Bass

Instructor

Originally posted by jeremyc:

I am on this forum a lot, but it looks like I'm on all the time because I never log out and I leave my computer on all the time.

And my wife is always asking me, "who are you writing to?"

And I tell her, "a bunch of my friends not all of whom I have met yet."

Next time you travel up to Seattle for a visit with your son let me know, I'm sure that a rest stop in Chehalis would be a good time to meet up! Even if I need to travel up to the "big city", it would be worth the trip. :thu:
Donnie Peterson

Certain folks on the forum are very reliable (I know this has been done before);

tons and tons of stuff

Who did I miss? Someone give me a hand...
gawd DAYUM maury, how long did that take you?

and you forget -getz76 will concisely anylyze each and every one of us and make us feel naked and ashamed ;)

Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

Originally posted by Ace Cracker:

gawd DAYUM maury, how long did that take you?

Not so long, actually; I really did it off the top of my head. That's why I'd love some help for all the nice people I missed...

Originally posted by Ace Cracker:

and you forget -getz76 will concisely anylyze each and every one of us and make us feel naked and ashamed ;)

Keep your clothes on! :D

ok....2nd youngest, but still the sexiest, lol
i dont know about that one. they say Eric(CMDN) is dead sexy . you may have some competition

"I'm thinkin' we should let bump answer this one...

Prepare to don Nomex!"

-social critic

"When I install my cannons, I'm totally going to blast their asses back to the 16th century; Black Beard style"

-bumpcity

I find many of you informative and inspirational. I often use your stories in my own teaching and daily life.

Did is see a nod to Lee Flier? If all she had to offer was the avatar of Keith, I'd be impressed, but she often offers words of great value.

If significance could be measured by "which person, if missing, would make my life less enriched" I'd have to say that many of you fill that significance.

Remember John Donne:

`No man is an island`

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main.

If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of they friends`s or of thine own were.

Any man`s death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind. And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

One of the most significant poems ever penned, that.

Of course it is also summed up in the ending of "Wayne's World":

"Love ya man."

"I love you."

"No, I really love you."

"Just say 'thanks'"

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

Archived