Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT-Significant Lowdowners

BigKahuna855

Originally posted by getz76:

- Nicklab will search for a guitarist and a vocalist and swear-off singer/songwriters

I swear, it's like being Captain Ahab and searching endlessly for Moby Dick! Avast! :D

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's right - Bad Company was from Europe or somewhere :D

I vote for California bass players. Just ask any of us.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

When do we vote for prom king?
haha, thats a good one prague. that made my day

"I'm thinkin' we should let bump answer this one...

Prepare to don Nomex!"

-social critic

"When I install my cannons, I'm totally going to blast their asses back to the 16th century; Black Beard style"

-bumpcity

I vote for California bass players. Just ask any of us.

HELL YA!

though everyone thinks of California's to be stoner surfer dudes (or dudets). c'mon guys....thats only Southern Cali. :D

prom king...humm.......i dunno, that's a tough one. :cool:

-BGO

5 words you should live by...

Music is its own reward

---------------

My Band: www.Myspace.com/audreyisanarcissist

I'm probably only known for starting the introduce yourself thread. Its pretty ironic that the starter of such a thread is not very well known :D (and not in the crappy Alanis Morrisette way which is ironic due to its complete lack of irony)

I mainly check this forum out for inspiration, especially in the what are you listening to threads. Also it keeps me grounded when i realise how good people can get at the bass because its easy to think your 'the man' when your pretty much the only bassist in town who can slap and tap a little (you know the type ;) )

Derek Smalls: It's like fire and ice, basically. I feel my role in the band is to be somewhere in the middle of that, kind of like lukewarm water. http://www.myspace.com/gordonbache

Also it keeps me grounded when i realise how good people can get at the bass because its easy to think your 'the man' when your pretty much the only bassist in town who can slap and tap a little (you know the type )

im not the type, i thought i was the man long before i even picked up the bass :D

"I'm thinkin' we should let bump answer this one...

Prepare to don Nomex!"

-social critic

"When I install my cannons, I'm totally going to blast their asses back to the 16th century; Black Beard style"

-bumpcity

I've also learned that i can pretty much be guaranteed to like any artists listed by either Bumpcity or Sweet Willie. I like the attitude towards music of both these guys.
Derek Smalls: It's like fire and ice, basically. I feel my role in the band is to be somewhere in the middle of that, kind of like lukewarm water. http://www.myspace.com/gordonbache

Originally posted by Nicklab:

Originally posted by forceman:

I think Michigan bassist are the most significant.

Hey, Michigan gaves us Jamerson and Bob Babbitt. Not bad company.
Actually, Jamerson was from South Carolina. Don't know about Babbitt.

Bruiser

Archived