Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Name ONE bassist you'd invite home for dinner.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd invite, Davo-London, Phil W, Tim R and Alex C, we all live more or less near each other.

Well we could actually organize a dinner/lunch.

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

Heck I'd like to invite myself home for dinner. It would be lovely to walk in the door, chat, sit down for a nice meal prepared by someone else, offer to help with the dishes but not have to do them, sounds lovely just sit back and enjoy. I don't even get that luxury when I go to other people's houses.
If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

Looking back in time, here was the post by the late Dave Brown:

There'd be a lot...

I'll set up a bass table in the corner of heaven.

For here on earth, the ghost of the Ox.

Entwhistle always the stable one in the Who, at least as far as I know. And he's the one that died of drugs.

Be a lot to talk about.

At least we now know who he is hanging out with.

"The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know" by Me

I'm sticking with my original - Jeremy. Because I have met him and know him to be a warm and gracious guy.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

ButcherNBurn's got it. I'd invite myself.. dang I'm hungry.

I wouldn't invite Jeremy cuz he needs to keep his shapely swimmers physique.

I think I'd just like to have a beer with everyone here. Ya'll seem like my sorta people.

We can do that at Bumps Wedding reception. Pop/Soda for Thanny and SPK. :)

BRocko

Don't have a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. ~ Johnny Carson

Well, Phil, absolutely, and all you other guys, too (even yourlord the Fender Hater).

But I think the idea was famous bassists. I thought Meshell Ndegeocello, but I heard her on a radio interview and she didn't seem forthcoming. I though about Lydia, but I'd probably spend the whole time fighting the urge to break my marriage vows.

So I settled on Will Lee. I'll bet he has lots of stories and seems like a regular guy.

So I settled on Will Lee. I'll bet he has lots of stories and seems like a regular guy.

+1 definitely!! and SPECIALLY since he was one of the Three Caballeros holding the Holy Grail of Bass, Jaco's Bass of Doom... It will never be the same to read it than to hear it from the man himself (Sorry BP! ;) ).

I'd love to ask him a lot of things. For an instance... "What were you thinking of when all of you crazy guys recorded Dream's "Imagine my surprise" ?? :freak:

Sorry Thanny... I guess their affection for Jaco's music, and now this kinda-supernatural experience with HIS bass... puts Wooten, Miller and Lee out of your dinner list as well... :P

Brought to you by Juancarlin.

www.juancarlinmusic.com

http://www.youtube.com/JuanCarlinMusic

www.facebook.com/JuanCarlinMusic

Instagram: @JuanCarlinMusic

I'd have to go with one of the stock answers: Geddy. I've been a Rush fanboy since I was 16 (at the time, however, I was a Peart devotee).

A buddy of mine met Geddy in an elevator in Dallas and Geddy offered to sit in the lounge of the hotel and talk bass. *envy* Of course he took him up on it. He also admitted that he felt like an awestruck-drooling-moron instead of having an intelligent conversation with Geddy.

A stiffy somewhere in the city sewer system...

This week......Jeff Berlin. You know why.

Dunno why... Might it be because of his gorgeous Venezuelan* wife, who also happens to be an excellent singer and sister of a well known and also gorgeous actress? :)

*: country pride, nonetheless :P

Brought to you by Juancarlin.

www.juancarlinmusic.com

http://www.youtube.com/JuanCarlinMusic

www.facebook.com/JuanCarlinMusic

Instagram: @JuanCarlinMusic

Archived