Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Name the 1st album you bought

Love the topic... I used to use this as a first date question. the best answer I ever got was "Days of Future Past"....on 8 track.

My first single was "Smokin in the Boys Room"

Album - "Magical Mystery Tour"

8-Track - Star Wars Sound track.

Cassette - never bought a pre-recorded one.

CD - I bought 30 CD's the day I bought my first CD player. Included in that buy was Hot Rocks, Dark Side of the Moon, and a bunch of others. None were current releases. Everything was to replace vinyl I had worn out.

Paul

Peace,

Paul

----------------------

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was pilfering Mom's collection first...

The Stranger - Billy Joel

Supertramp - Breakfast in America

...but the first I bought was...

Aldo Nova

Joan Jett - I Love & Rock

Twisted Sister - Stay Hungry

Ratt - Out Of The Cellar

---

gearmike: But the first piece of vinyl I bought, Meantime by Helmet...I still listen to that...

fantastic Neil: The first I absolutely remember buying myself was Billy Joel - 52nd Street. Definitely a great album. I'm enamoured of the lesser known cuts, particularly the ode to his mother, Rosalinda's Eyes. Back then Billy was mixing many different cultural influences in his music. That cut, Zanzibar and Stiletto are my favorites. Broadcast stations only picked up the more radio friendly tunes. (Which, btw, I love too.) It didn't hurt to start with the hard hitting intro to Big Shot.

phaeton: I think the second album i *bought* would be Anthrax, State Of Euphoria

Meantime :thu:

Neil,

Zanzibar rocks! :thu:

Phaeton,

Not my first by far, but State Of Euphoria is a favorite. I used to could play that whole album in

my head note for note.

Love this topic!

- first LP, not sure which was first... either

Kiss- Alive II '77

or

Cheap Trick- Live at Budokan '78

Got them both in '78, I was 9 years old. Still like 'em.

There is no substitute.

Originally posted by Bill Roberts:

herb Alpert and the Tijuana brass "Going places"

Loved the mix, the vibe and still do. Mono of course. Stereo was a dollar more. 2.96 V 3.96

I have both, the mono is more definitive to listen to.

I just listened to a Best Of in Tower Records the other day and wow. I always remembered them/him fondly but wasn't sure how it would hold up today. IT DOES!

Originally posted by Bon Mot:

Billion Dollar Babies

Yeah! I got that one in my first 5 purchases. Useless trivia: It's Donavan singing that cool slap echoed part in Billion Dollar Babies that mirrors Alice.

You'd have to be a native Pacific Northwesterner of a certain vintage to appreciate this, but it was "At Granny's Pad" by the Viceroys. I was taking lessons from their keyboard player. But I'd have thought it rocked even if I hadn't been so fortunate!

and yes, I still have it.

The first album I bought was a comedy album in 1963 (not sure of the year). It was by Allan Sherman and had "Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh" on it.

Basically all I bought after that were singles until 1965 when I got the "Out of Our Heads" album by The Rolling Stones.

Also got the Herb Alpert "Whipped Cream and Other Delights" album in 1965.

Also got the Mason Williams album that had "Classical Gas" on it.

No way would I EVER remember what my first single was. :freak:

Can't remember my first 8 track tape or my first cassette tape either.

I do remember my first CD: "OU812" by Van Halen in the mid-80s.

Originally posted by ihategarybettman:

The first album I ever owned was "Christmas with the Chipmunks" (David Seville ROCKS!)

I "inherited" my older sister's copy of "The Chipmunks sing the Beatles". I didn't know who the Beatles were at the time but those little furry guys could rock!

My first LP was Queen's News of the World. It was payment for baby sitting the kids down stairs.

I'm not gonna say what my first 45 was cause it's too embarrassing.

Marc

Searching for a new sig

Archived