Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tico Tico on Theatre Organ

Dang, wonder if these can be had with MIDI... 😂

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Band Rig: PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII

Other stuff: Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

Cool!   At the end of the video, there's a page of links to other organ videos, so I clicked on "The Largest Musical Instrument In The World".   It's a huge pipe organ, and the guy plays Tocatta and Fugue in D Minor.   Listen to that C#dim/D chord at 0:26 - imagine how intense that must sound in the actual hall (Atlantic City Convention Hall) !

• Love 2

1 hour ago, J.F.N. said:

Dang, wonder if these can be had with MIDI... 😂

Indeed, there are a few options out there.  There are some great sound VSTs instruments for the Mighty Wurlitzer organ sounds.   Also, sound boards/chips and modules.  A small company in Austria makes modules and sound boards for this company TTT-Sounds in England.  https://www.ttt-sounds.com/       The owner is playing the sounds from his reedless midi accordion here. 

• Haha 1

Wow, this is a blast from the past for me.  Tico Tico was one of my first "study pieces" when I took organ lessons back in the 70's.  I have to admit I couldn't get these kind of sounds out of my Wurlitzer rental spinet in my parent's living room, though.  

I also have to admit a slight bias to this version:  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

On 6/5/2024 at 2:41 PM, Lou_NC said:

Wow, this is a blast from the past for me.  Tico Tico was one of my first "study pieces" when I took organ lessons back in the 70's.  I have to admit I couldn't get these kind of sounds out of my Wurlitzer rental spinet in my parent's living room, though.  

She's fantastic!  spacer.png

That's the speed I used to play it, back in my whiz kid Wurlitzer days.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

I love the smell of cheese. I also love hearing mega-organs playing anything BUT the expected. Its so different, it can take you to exotic new places. On Alice Cooper's "Pretties For You," the organ short "Titanic Overture" is a household favorite. It won't embed, but here's a link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD9a_zBjTsI&nbsp

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.
    ~ "The Devil's Dictionary," Ambrose Bierce

"Tico Tico" was a regular feature of James Booker's solo piano repertoire, but here you can hear him rehearsing a 15-minute version of it with the Jerry Garcia Band, playing the last half or so on B3. Fair warning, even for a Booker-phile like me, a lot of it is pretty painful...

Hehe, cool to hear about all Tico Tico experiences, that tune has really got some track records!!

:D

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Band Rig: PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII

Other stuff: Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

On 6/5/2024 at 11:41 AM, Lou_NC said:

Ethel rules.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network