Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Vintage Vibe teasing "more affordable" model

1 hour ago, Adan said:

Would it really kill y'all to cut VV some slack on their marketing? They've made about 600 pianos over several years. That's some ridiculously small economies of scale. They're not getting rich, and they most assuredly don't have a marketing department or probably even a marketing consultant. You don't have to buy their product, but you also don't have to equate them with common everyday scammers.

If you think you're making the world a better place by buying the latest Roland workstation, then spend your money that way. I felt good about spending money for a hand-crafted product, because that's the kind of world I want to live in.  Of course, I've also got a bunch of digital crap, because that's the only way I can gig anymore . . .

No matter what, we still have the right to an opinion, and luckily the right to express it, just like you do!

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Band Rig: PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII

Other stuff: Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

1 hour ago, Adan said:

Would it really kill y'all to cut VV some slack on their marketing?

Vintage Vibe has not taken nearly the beating as that B company does around here.🤣😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

1 hour ago, J.F.N. said:

No matter what, we still have the right to an opinion, and luckily the right to express it, just like you do!

Of course you do. I think we can easily agree there's no free speech issues here.

I think I lost my equanimity a little bit just because there are so few people/companies in this keyboard space actually building things with their hands, things that work and sound good. Why give them a hard time for their marketing copy, of all things?

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

6 minutes ago, Adan said:

Of course you do. I think we can easily agree there's no free speech issues here.

I think I lost my equanimity a little bit just because there are so few people/companies in this keyboard space actually building things with their hands, things that work and sound good. Why give them a hard time for their marketing copy, of all things?

Because it's an open forum where we participants are having conversations about what we experience, think, feel, about things, including the market.

It's nothing targeted specifically against VV, I am sure we would have expressed the same reaction if happened, under similar circumstances, no matter the company/brand or product.

• Like 1

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

Band Rig: PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII

Other stuff: Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro