Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Crumar Seventeen Parsifal

Since they're calling it a Seventeen, I'm figuring it's the same as the other Seventeen, but with a piano orientation (88 keys, and not looking like a vintage electronic instrument). Maybe a different action instead of the TP100? 

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

All of the pianos (plus about 50 other instruments, including VB3ii) are available in the Gemini module.  The Gemini can be purchased through Thomanns for a US delivery for under $800.  The beauty of this strategy is that you can use it with the controller of your choice, weighted, unweighted, semi-weighted, whatever. Not sure what the advantage would be of purchasing this keyboard.  What i've personally waited for was a Gemini built into a 73/76 key semi-weighted controller with 9 sliders and organ controls (which i have called the Electro killer).  Waited 5-7 years, finally gave up waiting and bought a Forte 7.  Not sure where they obtain their market demand data.

• Like 3

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

48 minutes ago, Delaware Dave said:

What i've personally waited for was a Gemini built into a 73/76 key semi-weighted controller with 9 sliders and organ controls (which i have called the Electro killer).

this, basically a 73 note Mojo-61 with the Gemini built in. I’d buy one yesterday.

• Like 2

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

There are various paths one can take to acquire a Fatar TP-100 or TP-110 in 73 keys.  88 keys, perhaps there are a few less options at the moment.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say this 88k Seventeen Parsifal has a TP110.  

You can grab a studio-logic SL73 for $529.95.  This might be appealing if you already have a laptop, or a Gemini rack or desktop, etc.  If you don't, that adds around $800-$1200 or more.  Has aftertouch, which you may or may not want on an electric piano.  

Studio-logic Numa X Piano 73, $1,329.95.  Has studio-logic's sound set.  This TP-110 also has aftertouch. 

Crumar Seventeen, $1579.  Crumar/GSi's sound set with some limitations so as not to compete with their Seven.  

Crumar Seven, $2309.  Like the Seventeen, minus the limitations and a more capable interface.  

Nord Electro HP73, $2999.  Nord's sound set and interface.  

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Happy to see any new Crumar product.  The piano sounds really good.  I can't get the pianos on my Seventeen to sound that full and dynamic, so perhaps the Parciful is juiced up for acoustic piano (whereas the Seventeen seems to devote most of its processing power to Rhodes). 

Crumar definitely charts its own path. The big manufacturers generally try to put as many sounds together in one package as they can at a price point.  The Seventeen, and now the Seventeen Parsifal, seem to be specialized. I guess there's a logic to it if you assume they are trying to create a quiver of instruments at relatively low price points.

Under the Parcifel posting on Crumar's Facebook page someone asks "is it TP100LR?" and Crumar responds simply "no." Crumar being cagey as usual! I would hope that it's something other than TP100 or TP110, because neither is all that great for playing APs.

• Like 2

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

There's also a theory on the Facebook Crumar page that the Seventeen Parsifal is exactly the same brain as the Seventeen, just in a different physical package.

Directly from Guido Scognamiglio:

”Seven = TP100 
Seventeen = TP110 
Seventeen Parsifal= TP40H a 3 contatti “

And he said also that has the same software of seventeen, so modelled Rhodes and the other sounds are sampled. 

• Like 1

OK, interesting, so the video is a bit misleading as it only shows AP sounds. It does sound better than my Seventeen, but maybe that's the triple sensor.  I feel the APs on the Seventeen don't have enough dynamic response. But I also like that the Seventeen is 25 lbs. The Parsifal is going to be substantially heavier, and I long ago stopped wanting to have 88 keys on any gigging keyboard.

8 hours ago, hrestov said:

”Seven = TP100 
Seventeen = TP110 
Seventeen Parsifal= TP40H a 3 contatti “

And he said also that has the same software of seventeen, so modelled Rhodes and the other sounds are sampled. 

It should play a lot better, but be a bit heavier and more expensive. Nice to see.  Not a fan of the TP-100 for piano playing.  

8 hours ago, hrestov said:

Seventeen = TP110 

Wait, did we already know this? I was under the impression it was the TP100!

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

6 minutes ago, Mighty Motif Max said:

Wait, did we already know this? I was under the impression it was the TP100!

My Seventeen feels like it's got TP100.  I've played the TP110 when I tried out the Numa X 73, so I think I'd be able to tell the difference.  I got an early Seventeen, so it's possible they've switched from 100 to 110.  I think 110 is better, more crisp less sluggish, but by a degree.  Maybe 10% better. Which, now that I think of it, would explain the 100/110 nomenclature! (prob has nothing to do with that)

56 minutes ago, Adan said:

My Seventeen feels like it's got TP100.  I've played the TP110 when I tried out the Numa X 73, so I think I'd be able to tell the difference.  I got an early Seventeen, so it's possible they've switched from 100 to 110.  I think 110 is better, more crisp less sluggish, but by a degree.  Maybe 10% better. Which, now that I think of it, would explain the 100/110 nomenclature! (prob has nothing to do with that)

What’s the real difference?  If they just added a triple sensor can it actually perform triple sensor repeated notes?