Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sequenz keyboard stands, cool or ugly?

Ulterior motive really. Got a chance of picking up a Grandstage 88 and it comes with this thing. I cant see how I would ever use it, but selling it on would make purchsing the GS 'viable'.

Anyone think this is a stand worth having on stage or just a marketing ploy gone wrong for the GS (it came with the board in some zones, but it still available to buy on its own, for quite silly money!)

71xn6mtpQIL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Korg Grandstage 73, Keystage 61, Mac Mini M1, Logic Pro X (Pigments, Korg Legacy Collection, Wavestate LE, Sylenth), iPad Pro 12.9 M2 (6th gen), iPad 9th gen, Scarlett 2i2, Presonus Eris E3.5

Not my cup of tea at first glance, but it is open underneath (which I really prefer, and I've gotten to where I don't like a column right in front of me).   Nobody cares about what our stands look like other than us :)  Main question for me would be how easy is it to setup/tear down and transport.  I have gone to an white Omega Pro, the sound guy at one of our regular gigs calls it my "weight rack" because it does look ,like strength training equipment :) Heavy, but folds/unfolds very quickly for transport and setup and has a mic boom adapter--I consider this mandatory for a stand, means I don't have to remember a mic stand and it saves stage space.   I have a less-than-five minute setup with one keyboard to the PA with in-ears and I'm growing to really like it :D 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stokely said:

Not my cup of tea at first glance, but it is open underneath (which I really prefer, and I've gotten to where I don't like a column right in front of me).   Nobody cares about what our stands look like other than us :)  Main question for me would be how easy is it to setup/tear down and transport.  I have gone to an white Omega Pro, the sound guy at one of our regular gigs calls it my "weight rack" because it does look ,like strength training equipment :) Heavy, but folds/unfolds very quickly for transport and setup and has a mic boom adapter--I consider this mandatory for a stand, means I don't have to remember a mic stand and it saves stage space.   I have a less-than-five minute setup with one keyboard to the PA with in-ears and I'm growing to really like it :D 

Indeed, I went with the K&M 18880 and 18881 which combined weigh about 4kg but can take upwards of 50kg.

I wouldn't use the Sequenz, but I have seen a few posts in the past looking for more 'retro' looking stands like this.

Korg Grandstage 73, Keystage 61, Mac Mini M1, Logic Pro X (Pigments, Korg Legacy Collection, Wavestate LE, Sylenth), iPad Pro 12.9 M2 (6th gen), iPad 9th gen, Scarlett 2i2, Presonus Eris E3.5

Reminds me of a portable clothes rack my wife uses to hang clothes on laundry day.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I got one with a Vox Continental about three years ago; the Vox is gone, but I still use the stand constantly.  It works out great in my permanent rig setup at church; I've added K&M trolley wheels, a second tier, and have all my "accessories" (mic, iPad, IE monitor) clamped to the poles.  I think the adjustable tiers are brilliantly done.  I also have the Sequenz SonicBar monitor, which is designed to hang under the lower tier (zero footprint).  I don't think it looks weird at all, and it's very sturdy when all the connection points are tight.

However, I would never use this stand for gigging.  It's too fiddly to take apart and reassemble quickly, and it doesn't fold up much nor does it have any kind of convenient carry bag, so you're stuck with schlepping a lot of oddly-shaped tinker-toy-like parts.  It's not something I would have purchased on its own merits, but as a "free" add-on it has actually delivered quite a bit of value.

I'm going to guess it might not net you much as a re-sell; I wouldn't personally factor that in as a cost-saver on the Grandstage purchase.

• Like 3

Legend '70s Compact, Jupiter-Xm, Studiologic Numa X 73

1 hour ago, Brad Kaenel said:

I got one with a Vox Continental about three years ago; the Vox is gone, but I still use the stand constantly. 

For a Vox the stand totally works. Chrome retro combo organ looking as far as legs are concerned.

but other than for a combo organ, no way.

Joe King Carrasco would be proud (Google him, kids)

Roland RD-2000, Yamaha Motif XF7, Mojo 61, Invisible keyboard stand (!!!!!), 1939 Martin Handcraft Imperial trumpet

"Everyone knows rock music attained perfection in 1974. It is a scientific fact." -- Homer Simpson

Well, to be fair (and going against what I said previously), in my 12 years in my current band I've had maybe 3 comments about my rig, and all of them have been toward my stand.  Our singer asked me at practice "is that a new keyboard" one day and I said, well it was a year ago when I started bringing it to gigs :)  ie, they don't pay my rig any attention other than my Spider pro that caught their eye.

I think they're kind of cool, although they look like they take up more space than other stands, can't be sure from photos. I didn't get them with my GrandStage or Vox Continental – I bought mine sans stands which made for a lower price point.

I'm interested in the SonicBar though.

• Like 1

Here for the gear.

I wasn't alive in the 80s, but that stands reminds me of those keyboard stands literally everybody used in 80s music videos and live shows.

I dig it look wise but an overkill for me there seem to be easier to assemble stands with a smaller footprint, and lighter too.

Catch me on YouTube for 200 IQ piano covers, musical trivia quizzes, tutorials, reviews and other fun stuff...

https://www.youtube.com/p1anoyc

I gave up on this as most believe, as I do, that it’s impractical to take on stage and, well, what’s the point having something so ostentatious at home….

On the plus side, if anyone in the North of England wants to buy a Grandstage 88, it’s an absolute steal!