Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Biggest regrets of artists you never saw live (and never will) but probably could have

13 minutes ago, IMMusicRulz said:

I am a little sad that I never got to see AC/DC when Malcolm was still playing with them. My parents saw AC/DC perform in the eighties, and since then they have suffered from hearing loss because of that. ;) 

This is a legit claim ;) Saw AC/DC on their last tour with Malcolm. Audio at near pain level WITH earplugs. Never experienced anything like it.

• Like 1

Brian Johnson stopped touring because he was on the brink of deafness. He played first time in 6 years this past week I believe.

I saw Robin Trower in the 70's baseball stadium headliner after various bands performing all day he came out significantly louder than anyone previous. I was in the seats, could have been the odd fit considering the other acts on the bill, but I would put on the excessive volume that caused a spontaneous exodus because most stuck around until he came on stage and started playing. PA's were not that good in those days unless you had Pink Floyd's system (their 70's system). It was loud mud, my ears could not make out high notes, lows were a rumble in the stands, this with near absence of midrange.