Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Freddie's Yamaha G2 for sale

I have a Yamaha G2 as well. It was built in 1973 IIRC, and it's not a "baby grand" as the guy in the video says; it's 175 cm long.

Btw you can have it for a mere 500,000 dollars. It's very well mantained. Quite a bargain!

:D

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dave Ferris said:

What did the CFIIIS sell for ? I didn't feel like signing up to view the sold price. Gale, Chicks wife, had all his stuff up for sale within a month of his passing on 2/09 /21. Seemed pretty soon but I guess she had her reasons.

I didn’t sign up either, also curious what the selling price was. 

I suspect his wife was inundated with everything that needed attention upon Chick’s passing. In which case, had some help with it all, including the auction.  And of course we don’t know how prepared Chick was, what his directions were and how this all played out for his first wife and two children.  

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

On 8/5/2023 at 3:08 PM, marino said:

I have a Yamaha G2 as well. It was built in 1973 IIRC, and it's not a "baby grand" as the guy in the video says; it's 175 cm long.
:D

Did I miss the joke?  175 cm == 5 ft 9 in == baby grand as far as I can tell.  Don't grands start at 6 or 7 feet length?

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

On 8/7/2023 at 7:02 AM, Tom Williams said:

Did I miss the joke?  175 cm == 5 ft 9 in == baby grand as far as I can tell.  Don't grands start at 6 or 7 feet length?

This is interesting. In Italy, and I think in other parts of Europe as well, we use this nomenclature: "Codino" (short tail) is from 150 to 165 cm, approximately; "Mezza Coda" (half tail) is from 170 to 185/190; and "Coda Intera" (whole tail, also sometimes simply Coda) is the proper concert grand.
I have always identified the term "Baby Grand", as used in the USA, with the "Codino" - a very short piano. But I may have been wrong for my entire life... :D

• Haha 1

On 8/5/2023 at 10:03 AM, Delaware Dave said:

who cares ....

I mean, I wouldn't say no to Freddie Mercury's piano if I were the kind of person who could afford to buy music legends' instruments.

Which, I'm not. I'm not that kind of person.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

4 hours ago, marino said:

This is interesting. In Italy, and I think in other parts of Europe as well, we use this nomenclature: "Codino" (short tail) is from 150 to 165 cm, approximately; "Mezza Coda" (half tail) is from 170 to 185/190; and "Coda Intera" (whole tail, also sometimes simply Coda) is the proper concert grand.
I have always identified the term "Baby Grand", as used in the USA, with the "Codino" - a very short piano. But I may have been wrong for my entire life... :D

I have a 1990 G2R which is 5'7", or 170 cm, which makes it a Mezza Coda, I guess. Weird how yours is 5 cm longer.

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

1 hour ago, zephonic said:

I have a 1990 G2R which is 5'7", or 170 cm, which makes it a Mezza Coda, I guess. Weird how yours is 5 cm longer.

Well, along the years I have learned that Yamaha pianos with the same code tend to vary quite a bit, especially when built in different periods. For example, I have played several C3s, wildly different from each other.