Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The "bank/program change" saga...

hey guys,.. working on my compact rack for the last days (I'll show in a dedicated post with pics).

Ayyone familiar with MIDI  bank/program change for Novation Launchkey (61 keys, MK3)?

Using their software here (Novation Components), but I only can see options to send Program Number for a specific Channel... nothing regarding Bank selection...

super tks!!!

I'm interested in knowing the answer, too, definitely. Novation make nice products, but this capability is a deal-killer for me.

Many MIDI controllers are incapable of specifying and sending a three message sequence (CC#0, CC#32, PC#) in one go, that is, one button press. 

-- pj

Yeah it’s a cheap controller that’s really best positioned for Ableton Live use.

I have one — well, two at the moment: the 61 and 88 —and my expectations for standalone use were low.

I do wish they’d take out stuff like dedicated chord/scale/arp features and buttons (plug-ins could handle that!) and put in a dedicated Tap Tempo button, session/clip toggle button, and expression pedal input or an XY pad.

mk 4 anyone?

I make software noises.

The kiddie "beatmakers" wouldn't know what to do with bank select. These days you have keyboards that look like Christmas lights and can do one-finger chords, restrict notes outputted to specific scales, etc.

[John kinda beat me to it above, just noticed!]

• Like 1

A BomeBox may be an option? Not cheap I know, and I think the MIDI translator software is an additional cost (?)

If the MIDI Translator engine can do stuff like take a CC from one device and execute a Bank Change on another,  that could be an option if you’re willing to invest the money and programming time.

I’m thinking of getting one myself for other reasons (network MIDI to 5-pin) and now I’m curious to learn more about the translation features!

I make software noises.