Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RIP Julia Child

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read that. Guess that means no more yummy crepes and all of those goodies she used to cook.

We'll miss that very imitatable voice of hers as well. Somehow hearing her conjured up images of Terry Jones and Michael Palin in drag, even though she wasn't British.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by Botch.:

Julia did not like chile peppers or anything hot, so she didn't speak to me.

Heh, Botch, I do believe she'd have loved your smoked brisket and talked you out of your recipe.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

I met her when she was a guest during a PBS pledge drive over a decade ago. She really was a sweet human being.

Julia, if you have online access in the afterlife, you were a great sport and I'm sure your pot roasts are delicious, but I still don't touch the stuff. :D

Rest in peace.

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

--------------------

Reporter: "Ah, do you think you could destroy the world?" The Tick: "Ehgad I hope not. That's where I keep all my stuff!"

Very sad. I learned to cook watching Julia on PBS many a Saturday morning (by comparison, Emeril is a hack).

I could be very happy living to 91 while cooking and eating great food. Then again, she was a big advocate of eating well but in moderation.

Her kitchen is in the Smithsonian. It's a fitting tribute to an American icon.

Originally posted by Botch.:

Julia did not like chile peppers or anything hot, so she didn't speak to me.

I saw her many times at my favorite Mexican food place (in Santa Barbara). Though, while they have no mild salsa, I can't say that she always used it.

Archived