Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I need a new bench

On 4/8/2023 at 10:33 PM, K K said:

Another alternative is a Glenn Gould chair. Compact, light, solid, no assembly required and possibly instant improved dexterity.

hqdefault.jpg

Does it come with his personality? 🙂

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

On 4/1/2023 at 4:14 AM, Jose EB5AGV said:

I know you said K&M is not your choice... But this one is working fine for me. It has extensive adjustments options, so it is nicely suitable for lots of different setups

K&M 14045

Here you have it in action:

IMG_20230325_182342.thumb.jpg.5a262648b35f4c35301ffede9406b3ad.jpg

Stability and comfort are outstanding.

Jose

I've been watching this thread because I was in the same boat, needing a new bench / seat. I ended up ordering this one because of Jose's recommendation (the K&m 14045). Looks to be a good balance of support, comfort and ease of transport. Hope it works out! 

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

I've used the Quik Lok BX-718 for several years; I'm 225. It feels very solid. At one point I had gotten in the upper 230s; sill good, its rated at 300lb. I sold them for several years, also. Good product!

Composer/Performer at Roger Hooper Music

Product Trainer at CASIO

www.rogerhooper.com

23 hours ago, mcgoo said:

I ended up ordering this one because of Jose's recommendation (the K&m 14045). Looks to be a good balance of support, comfort and ease of transport. Hope it works out! 

Well that was an epic fail. Great on paper. Horrible (for me) in use. It's going back and I'm going to plan B now. 

• Sad 2

www.gmma.biz

• 1 month later...
On 4/5/2023 at 4:57 PM, Synthaholic said:

I think I'm going to try this one, since you've had none of the issues listed in the reviews. But there's currently a waiting list.

So, back on April 5 I gave Guitar Center my email for their waiting list on this bench. They never emailed me.  🙄  I checked back 10 days ago, and it was in stock. I've played a few gigs with it and it's nice and sturdy. But, damn, the foam is super stiff. I feel like I've been sitting on a park bench for 3 hours. Hopefully it will get a little softer as time goes by. A good $50 spent, I think. We'll see.

Thank you all for your educated opinions and suggestions!

• Like 1

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

On 4/14/2023 at 2:22 AM, mcgoo said:

Well that was an epic fail. Great on paper. Horrible (for me) in use. It's going back and I'm going to plan B now. 

I am so sorry... I use mine daily and works fine for me. Which was your problem with it?

Sorry 🙁

5 hours ago, Jose EB5AGV said:

I am so sorry... I use mine daily and works fine for me. Which was your problem with it?

Sorry 🙁

No apology needed! I can see how it works for others. It just didn't for me. Probably either because I'm too tall, or to fat or both. I ended up with a Gibraltar, similar to the Roc'nSoc, but a little taller. It's working fine. 

• Like 1

www.gmma.biz