Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ahhh... Blues Brothers....

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=493&ncid=762&e=6&u=/ap/20040806/ap_en_mo/britain_sound_track

Finally... my favorite musical gets some respect.

Granted, 19% isn't a lot of votes, but it's still one of my favorite movies, with my favorite line EVER:

"Are you the police?"

"No ma'am... we're musicians." :D

Ricky

Click on some ads once in a while!! :) -------------->

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The scene where a feedback loop is created between Jake and Elwood using cuss words and "The Penguin" whacking them with the ruler for it still has me ROTFL every time.

The film just hits so many bullseyes with people who've been in bands. Ya gotta love Ray Charles' going "Well, you know... depreciation" if you've ever gone to the music store wanting to upgrade recently-purchased gear.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Ohhhh man!!! Yer right, Steve! So many great scenes. so many great lines!

Anyone else have a favorite??

Maybe this is weird, but I've always wanted to do a "chicken wire" gig. Masochist? Uh huh... :)

("We got both kinds! Country... AND Western!" )

Ricky

Click on some ads once in a while!! :) -------------->

Elwood:

"It'a 150 miles to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake:

"Hit it."

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Taking advantage of a post repeating glitch.

Even if I delete the info in the posts, they're still there, and there's plenty of good lines in the movie, so...

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

If the TV station doesn't interrupt the credits, it's over five more minutes of tunes and I keep it on all the way.

When I have to wait for something and can't do anything else in the meantime, I sometimes "du du du du dut, dah dah dahhh du du du du dut" that elevator music from near the end when they were going up to pay the tax bill.

It's OK to tempt fate. Just don't drop your drawers and moon her.

Originally posted by wraub:

In the French restaurant:

"How much for the women? The little girl, how much?"

Peace,

wraub

A buddy of mine almost got arrested for pulling off that line. I wish I could have seen it. :D
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -George Orwell

I guess it's just age or timing, but whereas a lot of the guitar players I know define their blues education as coming from the era of Creem/Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, or even SRV...my own introduction to the blues was the Blues Brothers. For over a decade, it was all the blues I knew. Even now, their music's always in the car, and I've ven got my kidds hooked on it.

Darkon, I must admit on overwhelming jealousy coming over me. I would have loved to have seen them live.

Even though they were a cover band, when my band covers those songs, I'm covering the Blues Brothers.

One of these days I'm gonna change my evil ways...

one of these days...

http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Band.gifhttp://www.weidenbach.net/images/storage/headbang.gif

"What's the chicken wire for?"

---

"Orange whip? ... Orange whip? ... Three orange whips!"

---

"We're on a mission from God."

---

"We're the Good Old Boys. I'm the lead singer, driver of the Winnebago."

---

Ray with pistol in hand: "I hate to see a young boy like that gone bad."

---

- Some white dude out here just ordered TWO WHOLE chickens.

- Jake!

- And the other one just order a slice of white toast.

- Ellwood!

---

Jake's make up scene with Carrie Fisher is always good for a belly laugh. Ditto Matt Guitar Murphy's moment of truth with Aretha.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

They ought to line up everyone involved (production wise, not the actors) in Blues Brothers 2000, and have them SHOT! :mad: Of course, Paul Shafer needs to be up front and center to take the first bullet. :evil:

Every concert I do I always play Shake your tailfeather vefore soundcheck...pretend like I'm Ray Charles. Hardly anyone knows it here in the Philippines though... :freak:

Raul

Originally posted by Sergievsky:

They ought to line up everyone involved (production wise, not the actors) in Blues Brothers 2000, and have them SHOT! :mad: Of course, Paul Shafer needs to be up front and center to take the first bullet. :evil:

BB2k was one of the most awful travesties in movie sequel history. They had a bunch of big stars singin' and playin', though...

BTW...there wouldn't have been a Blues Brothers band without Paul (not the same magical entity, anyway)...he was the original musical director, and was heavily involved in the conception & organization of the band. He was supposed to have been in the movie, but a contract issue kept him from it.

S'okay..."Paul and the Magictones" just doesn't sound right.

"Quando quando quando quandooooo....."

One of these days I'm gonna change my evil ways...

one of these days...

http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Band.gifhttp://www.weidenbach.net/images/storage/headbang.gif

Archived