Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's talk modular synths

He looks damn familiar, but help me out??

The Players:  OB-X8, Numa Compact 2X, Kawai K5000S, cheap Korean guitars/basses, Roland TD-1KV e-drums.  Eurorack/Banana modular, Synth/FX DIY.

Sharing this for those who have never seen.  The GOAT of modular videos, for me.  Always a source of inspiration.  And an "Oh yeah??" to those who think modular can only do bleep and boop bullshit...

• Like 1

The Players:  OB-X8, Numa Compact 2X, Kawai K5000S, cheap Korean guitars/basses, Roland TD-1KV e-drums.  Eurorack/Banana modular, Synth/FX DIY.

Thanks mate.  He didn't seem to be monkeying around on that occasion...

Thanks mpn.  I appreciate the effort there by Mickey.  Were the other Monkees really that useless?

Spaghetti!!

53531763103_c1a53f0656_c.jpg

Now I have enough to annoy the cats. Just a few last modules on the way....."Stages" and "Contour1" Today for first time I used "Pamela's New Workout" as master trigger, and I tuned the Behringer 960 sequencer to run the 2600 oscillators in an old chord sequence, circa 1785. Ran various bits though effects, old and new "Mimeophon". Clones of Marbles and Maths also spicing it up. 

• Like 1

RT-3/U-121/Leslie 21H and 760/Saltarelle Nuage/MOXF6/MIDIhub, 

SL-880/Nektar T4/Numa Cx2/Deepmind12/Virus TI 61/SL61 mk2

Stylophone R8/Behringer RD-8/Proteus 1/MP-7/Zynthian 4

MPC1k/JV1010/Unitor 8/Model D & 2600/WX-5&7/VL70m/DMP-18 Pedals

Natal drums/congas etc & misc bowed/plucked/blown instruments. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 3:42 PM, mpn_user7629 said:

no doubt performed by The Wrecking Crew.  

• Haha 1

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

• 4 weeks later...

I'd enjoy modular if not for all of those cords. After an hour or so, I'd begin flogging myself with a fistful of them and screaming. I prefer my "modular" action inside a slab synth or software. There, I can pretend that I know 30% more than I do. :rolleyes:

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"