Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cherry officially popped.

Did The Keyboard Chronicles with Dave and Paul.  My first Podcast (is it still a Podcast if there's video?), and had fun.  I probably yakked like a Columbian in a coke field, but I did enjoy talking about old days and a little new stuff.

Thanks for putting up with me fellas. 😃

• Like 12
  • Cool 2
  • Love 4

35 minutes ago, Steve Nathan said:

Did The Keyboard Chronicles with Dave and Paul.  My first Podcast (is it still a Podcast if there's video?), and had fun.  I probably yakked like a Columbian in a coke field, but I did enjoy talking about old days and a little new stuff.

Thanks for putting up with me fellas. 😃

Steve the pleasure was absolutely all ours! Very excited to get it out there in the coming fortnight. At the end of the show Paul and I always tout these forums but we've done an extended one this time ;)

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 12/17/2022 at 7:25 PM, Analogaddict said:

Yay! Really looking forward to hearing this..! 🎹❤️

Hopefully in the next week or so - it will be a two-part episode :)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 12/17/2022 at 1:17 PM, Dr Nursers said:

Steve the pleasure was absolutely all ours! Very excited to get it out there in the coming fortnight. At the end of the show Paul and I always tout these forums but we've done an extended one this time ;)

What David said.

Steve, you were amazing to chat to, thanks for being so generous with your time and thoughts.

Brethren/Sistern:  Steve has the best anecdotes!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, JazzPiano88 said:

"Steve Nathan -  Clarinet"

Laughed pretty good at that! :)

Listened tonight at the gym - that part made me laugh too! 

Loved your insight Steve, especially about the difference between being a studio cat vs a live performer. Looking forward to pt.2! 

• Like 1

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

Soooooooo goooood. 

I agree, I’d love to hear a podcast series dedicated to you and your stories, @Steve Nathan!

• Like 1

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Steve, great interview.  One thing you said struck me.....

When you talked about having lessons with your teacher, you said you'd listen to him play and practice afterwards what he was doing by ear,  and how it hampered your ability to read.  I did the same.   After a lesson I'd practice by ear to what I'd heard so I'd "get it" for the next lesson.  One day, as I was playing an assignment, in mid song, my teacher pulled the book away and I just kept playing.  Busted...he knew then I wasn't reading.   It's still a task for me.  I'm much better than I was back then, but I much prefer to hear it first rather than read it.    

You're an inspiration, Mr. Nathan. 

• Like 2

"May you stay...forever young."