Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Journey $ Drama, Cain vs Schon

5 hours ago, Bobbo Fett said:

I was talking about this just last night with Two Corinthians who walked into a bar I was drinking at....I THINK they were Corinthians anyway....it was just before last call....you know how THAT goes....

They worked for Chrysler?

• Haha 1

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

On 1/2/2023 at 6:41 PM, TommyRude said:

Here's Neil playing with another keyboardist 🙂

Wow, what a voice on Deen Castronovo! Awesome playing all around, and they look like they're having a lot of fun with each other, no knives in waiting.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I wonder who will be crying when the tour is finally over and no more millions are falling from heaven or Ticketmaster. 😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

On 1/2/2023 at 5:41 PM, TommyRude said:

Here's Neil playing with another keyboardist 🙂

Always loved Deen Castronovo‘s vocals, hell he could have fronted the band. What a backup singer to have in the lineup, great drummer too.

• Like 1

Kurzweil PC3K8/ GSI Gemini Desktop/ ESI UNIK 8+ monitors/ QSC K8.2/ Radial Key Largo/ CPS Spacestation 

2 hours ago, tonybanksfan said:

Always loved Deen Castronovo‘s vocals, hell he could have fronted the band. What a backup singer to have in the lineup, great drummer too.

Didn’t he sing the leads when Steve Auguri was losing his voice at the end of his run? 

P. S. I’m glad to see he seems to have gotten his act together. That incident and stuff was sad and scary. 

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

So I looked for more of this band. It turns out there’s a Journey tribute called Journey Through Time but that’s different than Neal Schon’s Journey Through Time. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I found this video of them doing my favorite Journey song (Separate Ways, not the other one :freak:), and what I really dig is that Rolie is playing the chord pads on his Hammond. That’s just awesome in my book. :D 

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

What I notice about Dean's playing is that it is looser than the others, but still tight, and somehow has greater dynamics even though the other guys came from more of a jazz background. As he's also singing, it's especially interesting that his drumming style lends more dynamics and feeling to the vocals, as it's more supportive than assertive. I can even almost bear listening to "Lovin, Touchin, Squeezin" :-).

• Like 1

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager