Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Free Hammond M3 - dont let the owner trash it....

Yes but there isn't any money in spinets if you are a dealer, that is the only problem.   Tons of organs were produced and it's great if they can be saved.  The real problem right now is a lot of Leslies hare in short supply in the US. 

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Oh man when I see ads like this... Just crazy how Hammond organs like this one could be trashed 'cause no one takes the time to take them home... In Europe one would drive miles and miles just to buy them 

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

If you ever want to hear a M-3 taken to the max check out recordings by NEIL LARSEN.... albums such as Jungle Fever or High Gear.I am not sure what he might be doing now .... the last I heard he was gigging with Leonard Cohen right before Leonard   died.

Neil was one of the real masters in the Hammond kingdom. He and Brian Auger  seemed to carry the torch during the fusion era. Both gigged with bass players.

Anyway Neil gigged an M-3 and I asked him why. According to him an M-3 offered more clarity in the mid range and upper register. He got a nice subtle overdrive at his live gigs through a 145 leslie.

For a time he and Buzz Feiten were the dynamic duo of the L.A. music scene. Their tune"Who Will Be the Fool Tonight" got lots of airplay and Neil is also featured on the Larsen Feiten Band LP ....they later called themselves Full Moon. P:roduced by Tommy La Puma and Al Schmit on Warner Brothers.

For whatever reason a lot of people are not aware of Neil. He is a major figure .

\

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LX 88 said:

If you ever want to hear a M-3 taken to the max check out recordings by NEIL LARSEN.... albums such as Jungle Fever or High Gear.I am not sure what he might be doing now .... the last I heard he was gigging with Leonard Cohen right before Leonard   died.

Neil was one of the real masters in the Hammond kingdom. He and Brian Auger  seemed to carry the torch during the fusion era. Both gigged with bass players.

Anyway Neil gigged an M-3 and I asked him why. According to him an M-3 offered more clarity in the mid range and upper register. He got a nice subtle overdrive at his live gigs through a 145 leslie.

For a time he and Buzz Feiten were the dynamic duo of the L.A. music scene. Their tune"Who Will Be the Fool Tonight" got lots of airplay and Neil is also featured on the Larsen Feiten Band LP ....they later called themselves Full Moon. P:roduced by Tommy La Puma and Al Schmit on Warner Brothers.

For whatever reason a lot of people are not aware of Neil. He is a major figure .

\

I saw him a few times with Leonard Cohen. It was my first time coming across him. Absolutely brilliant player. His solos on that gig were magnificent, a real storyteller in the arc of his solos……beginning, middle and end. This is useful background intro to look into his other work. Thanks for that. 👍

Yamaha MODX8, Legend Live.