Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland RD-2000 V2.0 Update

I'm in shock Roland has released a V2.0 Firmware update for the RD-2000.    I've had my RD-2000 for a long time haven't used it in a year or more and never thought Roland would do any more with it.  There is a new V-Piano German Concert Grand and seventeen other sounds.   

Here's YouTube with Yohan Kim a long time RD-2000 user demoing it. 

• Like 1

So I have an RD2000 that I use so I am interested.  Here is what the Roland website has for information:

UPDATE HISTORY
[ Ver.2.00 ] OCT 2022

Additional Function

The "V-Piano Expansion" Roland Cloud content item is now supported (non-free).
Please refer to the "RD-2000 Roland Cloud V-Piano Expansion User's Guide" for detailed information in the [ Owner's Manuals ].

(Here: https://www.roland.com/us/support/by_product/rd-2000/updates_drivers/e1c5098a-0ec6-44bc-9595-4950dc1ea2cf/)

That's it.  I see nothing about new sounds.  Am I looking in the wrong place?

Although I've never owned a Roland keyboard I have always been impressed with the sound of the V-Piano.  I got to play a V-piano that my friend owned. The keyboard was heavy as hell, but sounded great and the finger to ear connection was there.  

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

1 hour ago, JamPro said:

So I have an RD2000 that I use so I am interested.  Here is what the Roland website has for information:

UPDATE HISTORY
[ Ver.2.00 ] OCT 2022

Additional Function

The "V-Piano Expansion" Roland Cloud content item is now supported (non-free).
Please refer to the "RD-2000 Roland Cloud V-Piano Expansion User's Guide" for detailed information in the [ Owner's Manuals ].

(Here: https://www.roland.com/us/support/by_product/rd-2000/updates_drivers/e1c5098a-0ec6-44bc-9595-4950dc1ea2cf/)

That's it.  I see nothing about new sounds.  Am I looking in the wrong place?

The V-Piano Expansion is the new feature, with 17 patches that I assume are variations of the same basic sound. Available for $149 from Roland Cloud. https://www.roland.com/global/products/rc_v-piano_expansion_01_german_concert/

Thank you torhu.  I did not purchase the V-Piano Expansion, so its support thru a new firmware update is pretty meaningless to me.

Can you point me towards any instructions/resources on editing the de facto V-Pianos in the RD2000?  This info was not in the included owner's manual.

On 10/28/2022 at 10:10 AM, JamPro said:

Thank you torhu.  I did not purchase the V-Piano Expansion, so its support thru a new firmware update is pretty meaningless to me.

Can you point me towards any instructions/resources on editing the de facto V-Pianos in the RD2000?  This info was not in the included owner's manual.

This might be what you need.

RD-2000_Parameter_Guide_eng01_W.pdf