Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help with Programming a sound - Tubes Talk To ya Later

I need the two synth bleeps at:03, :06, :09 and :12 seconds into this song. I'm not getting anywhere...Seems like they'd be a pretty std thing, but I'm not getting there.  Anyone have that one piece of information that I'm missing here?

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

Got a couple ARP 2600s at your disposal? ;) That's likely what they used. I'd start with (in analog speak) oscillators off, filter resonance very high (set to self-oscillating), wide slope / emphasis and sharp attack and pretty fast decay on the filter envelope. Add noise to taste. 

• Like 4

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

Any waveform with tons of resonance with a quick amp/filter decay, no sustain or release.   I would concentrate more on the two sounds used at 2:36, as they are much more challenging-

-dj

iMac i7 13.5.2

Studio One 5.5.2

Nord Stage 3

Nord Wave 2

Nektar T4

Drawmer DL 241

Focusrite ISA Two

Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre

23 hours ago, mcgoo said:

Got a couple ARP 2600s at your disposal? ;) That's likely what they used. I'd start with (in analog speak) oscillators off, filter resonance very high (set to self-oscillating), wide slope / emphasis and sharp attack and pretty fast decay on the filter envelope. Add noise to taste. 

Yep, its two 2600s. He was doing the same kinds of things for this band that Eno did by embellishing the atmosphere around Roxy Music. IIRC, Michael Cotton won the BAM award for best synthesist one year. I've always been keen on the Tubes, who are like Phish on crank. Anyone whose act is banned in Boston automatically gets at least a Dis-Honorable Mention from me. I love the moment on their double live album where just before "White Punks On Dope," Prarie Prince says "Aw, do we have to do this one again?" :lolol:

As an adolescent I aspired to lasting fame, I craved factual certainty
 and I thirsted for a meaningful vision of human life- so I became a scientist.

This is like becoming an archbishop so you can meet girls.
      ~ Matt Cartmill

8 hours ago, Jr. Deluxe said:

Written and recorded by David Foster and Steve Luke. Fee sang on it and viola instant tubes hit.

Excellent tune for sure. First heard/saw on YouTube I believe.

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.