Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Camelot Pro question

D. Gauss

Seriously, have a look at AUM Mixer... for your needs I think it may be abetter solution than Camelot. I have Camelot also and use it extensively however there are times when I use AUM, particularly when having to use IAA apps as AUM handles both, Camelot does not.

So you can have all four of your plugins in a row (it sets up alike a two of analogue mixer strips) each one with a visual icon at the top, all you do is tap once on that icon and the GUI opens. I'll try and do a short video and post it up here.

• Like 1

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Re the above, as you see you need to resize the plugin, however AUM remembers the setting so you only have to do it once.

Sorry about the quality, it was a quick vid I had to compress to fit it on the forum server. Til I realised I could get up to 48mb! Anyhoo it should give you an idea.

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

I wish that had been filmed landscape, Miden! :-) But yes, AUM does look like it handles that nicely. Single-tap rather than double-tap, and the app sizing control you mentioned, which I don't know if Camelot has. But how do you get to a different set of sounds? I mean, I see 3 available sounds there, I don't know if a single screen is capable of more, but in Camelot, if you only need up to 4 sounds, you can just stay on the Layers screen for the duration. D.'s issue (or one of them) seems to be that he needs to navigate back to the Scene screen, to change to a different set of instruments. Is the method of changing to a different set of 3 or 4 instruments in AUM more efficient (requiring less navigation/tapping) than in Camelot?

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

7 hours ago, miden said:

Seriously, have a look at AUM Mixer... for your needs I think it may be abetter solution than Camelot. I have Camelot also and use it extensively however there are times when I use AUM, particularly when having to use IAA apps as AUM handles both, Camelot does not.

So you can have all four of your plugins in a row (it sets up alike a two of analogue mixer strips) each one with a visual icon at the top, all you do is tap once on that icon and the GUI opens. I'll try and do a short video and post it up here.

that looks pretty cool.  fwiw, the camelot folks responded to my question, and as of now (as we def know) you can't do it.  says they are "working on it though."  we shall see.

8 hours ago, AnotherScott said:

I wish that had been filmed landscape, Miden! :-) But yes, AUM does look like it handles that nicely. Single-tap rather than double-tap, and the app sizing control you mentioned, which I don't know if Camelot has. But how do you get to a different set of sounds? I mean, I see 3 available sounds there, I don't know if a single screen is capable of more, but in Camelot, if you only need up to 4 sounds, you can just stay on the Layers screen for the duration. D.'s issue (or one of them) seems to be that he needs to navigate back to the Scene screen, to change to a different set of instruments. Is the method of changing to a different set of 3 or 4 instruments in AUM more efficient (requiring less navigation/tapping) than in Camelot?

AUM’s interface is basically a mixer, so when you add instruments it’s another strip added to the end. In order to see more of them, you have to swipe. Would be cool I’d there was an option to shrink and stack to accommodate large numbers of strips. 

Here for the gear.

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2022 at 9:43 AM, drawback said:

AUM’s interface is basically a mixer, so when you add instruments it’s another strip added to the end. In order to see more of them, you have to swipe.  Would be cool I’d there was an option to shrink and stack to accommodate large numbers of strips. 

So you can see a max of four at a time? Keystage would seem to have an advantage there, their mixing screen looks like this...

317073214_ScreenShot2022-09-12at9_18_49PM.thumb.jpg.5546f540e5f49df620f629944789332c.jpg

It looks like you could manipulate 9 sound sources at a time without swiping to a different screen. More stuff instantly accessible, and you can see your settings in context of all the others.

I don't know what Camelot Pro's equivalent to these would be.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

• 5 months later...

Sorry if this is off topic…please save me money and tell me if it cannot be done: splits and layers. I have Korg Module Pro and a trial version of the split/layer package…sounds great, easy to work…dead in the water…I need a bass/piano split with strings layered on the piano…Module Pro can’t do it. I tried loading multiple instances of Module Pro in Audiobus 3, but it won’t allow that. 
next up is Camelot Pro or AUM…does anybody know for sure if they can use multiple instances of Module Pro in either of those?

20 hours ago, SurferEd said:

Sorry if this is off topic…please save me money and tell me if it cannot be done: splits and layers. I have Korg Module Pro and a trial version of the split/layer package…sounds great, easy to work…dead in the water…I need a bass/piano split with strings layered on the piano…Module Pro can’t do it. I tried loading multiple instances of Module Pro in Audiobus 3, but it won’t allow that. 
next up is Camelot Pro or AUM…does anybody know for sure if they can use multiple instances of Module Pro in either of those?

Both AUM and Camelot can load multiple instances of Module, split and layer etc. 

• Like 1
Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

On 9/12/2022 at 9:28 PM, AnotherScott said:
On 8/9/2022 at 9:43 AM, drawback said:

AUM’s interface is basically a mixer, so when you add instruments it’s another strip added to the end. In order to see more of them, you have to swipe.  Would be cool I’d there was an option to shrink and stack to accommodate large numbers of strips. 

So you can see a max of four at a time? Keystage would seem to have an advantage there, their mixing screen looks like this...

Late to the party, but yea four strips on my iPad 9G. Exactly one strip fits on my iPhone screen - so there can be a lot of scrolling if you have to move between channels. There's a "bookmark" feature where you can save a location on the mixing board to return to with one tap. And you can re-order the strips if you find yourself having to access the same few strips a lot. My wish would be for a "track folder"- like addition to the UI where you could collapse any number of strips inside a single strip's width area, or a small area somewhere else that you could tap on to expand. I have a few midi strips with Streambyter instances that I hardly ever need to access; it would be nice to not have to swipe multiple times to get past them.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 8/7/2022 at 4:14 PM, D. Gauss said:

so, i guess ya can't do it?  simplest of things, too.   grrr. 

any other app do this?  no one else has these simple needs?  i.e. easily switch between apps from one screen with one click and see gui and no audio glitches, etc.  figured this would be ipad keyboard app 101.  wrong again i guess.    

I think the Stage Manager feature Apple added to the iPad OS could provide a benefit here... see "part 2" of my post at https://forums.musicplayer.com/topic/184354-ipads-stage-manager-and-virtual-memory/#comment-2928584 (even though the thread is mostly about something else) -- but it needs a bigger screen model than a Mini.

On 8/7/2022 at 4:14 PM, D. Gauss said:

can korg module load 3rd party instrument apps?  

No, but for an app with sounds that can also host other apps, this looks like a possibility: https://forums.musicplayer.com/topic/179900-ipad-mainstage-alternative-mksensation-extreme/#comment-2865346