Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Throne for live Hammond

Yes, another idiosyncratic Hammond player question for the group! Does anyone have a throne or stool they like that gets to a good height for playing Hammond?

I’ve sat on a drum throne when gigging on keys for years, and I have my boards set at a height that works for it. But my A100 at home sits a little higher up than is comfy for the throne, and I’d love to be practicing how I perform a little more. My A100 bench is great but it makes it a little tougher to turn sideways and play piano in rehearsal (also it’s the perfect height for a little computer shelf next to the organ).

I know I’ve seen band keys players like Gabe Dixon, Kofi Burbridge, and Lee Pardini with comfy stools for this — even if sometimes they stand to play Hammond anyway. Anyone on the forum have reliable favorites?

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

If I'm not kicking pedals, I just use a drum throne. Get one that goes high enough. If I am playing pedals, I use an On-Stage Z stand, which in it's lowest setting is just the right height as an organ bench. I put an old A100 bench top on top of it and it works like a charm and is easily transportable.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...