Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Great interview with Dave Weiser on Kurzweil

Great guy and very talented artist!

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

17 hours ago, zxcvbnm098 said:

Cool article!

Does anyone know what those little boxes are on the Kurz's behind Dave in the picture? Some sort of cue-ing thing for live stage shows??

Hi Guys! Thanks so much for the kind words! I was worried I was going to bore everyone to tears...

The little black boxes on the keyboards are Kenton LD2 volume meters. Very handy little box!

https://kentonuk.com/product/ld2pro/

They take a MIDI out signal (from the PC3K's THRU port that's been set to mirror OUT), and they reflect the real-time state of our expression pedals. They can show 0-127 or 0-20; we use the latter. In each of the players' parts, in addition to the hundreds upon hundreds of patch changes, there are also volume markings. (Some volumes are already printed in the parts, but many more are added and tweaked during rehearsals.) The players are constantly riding the expression pedal to match the volumes in their books. For pedals, we use Roland DP10 for sustain, Boss FS-5u for patch change, and either Boss FV500L or Roland EV5 for expression. 

Anyone here can feel free to hit me up with questions about anything theater-related, and I'm always happy to share my Kurz custom sound sets free of charge with any members of this most excellent forum! (PC3, Forte, Forte SE, PC4, SP6, K27)

weiserdav@gmail.com

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1