Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My love/hate relationship with Country Music.

surfergirl

11 hours ago, surfergirl said:

The're going to put me in the movies

The're going to make a big star out of me

Ok maybe an exaggeration. We just got one 45 minute set at the Cutter All America Rodeo in June, and possible a second set. Hee Haw🤠    

Tell us your set-list!

And get it videoed- we want video!

• Like 3

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Rough draft of set iist, there will be adds and subtractions.

It's a heartache.

She's got you.

Back in babies arms.

I'm not Lisa.

Thousand miles from nowhere.

If you could only see me now.

Jolene.

If I was a cowboy.

When love comes around the bend.

Sunny town.

All shook up.

• Like 4

Jennifer S.

Never really been a real fan of country.  The closest I generally get is “southern rock” or country-adjacent rock and jazz, but I do have definite preferences.  I have some Willie Nelson & Johnny Cash in my collection, as well as Lyle Lovett, Chris Isaak, and k.d. lang.  Somewhere in our house is some Glenn Campbell and a copy of the Tex Ritter (not Frankie Lane) version of “High Noon”.

That said, there is NO question that if you look, there are MANY incredibly talented musicians & composers in the genre.  I’ve seen Roy Clark appearances on a variety of shows exhibiting his skill- I think it was on The Odd Couple he did an effortless version of “Malagueña”.  I’ve seen Junior Brown doing countrified surf guitar.  Cash’s version of NIN’s  “Hurt” was at least as good as the original.

• Like 3

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

1 hour ago, Dannyalcatraz said:

Never really been a real fan of country.  The closest I generally get is “southern rock” or country-adjacent rock and jazz, but I do have definite preferences.  I have some Willie Nelson & Johnny Cash in my collection, as well as Lyle Lovett, Chris Isaak, and k.d. lang.  Somewhere in our house is some Glenn Campbell and a copy of the Tex Ritter (not Frankie Lane) version of “High Noon”.

That said, there is NO question that if you look, there are MANY incredibly talented musicians & composers in the genre.  I’ve seen Roy Clark appearances on a variety of shows exhibiting his skill- I think it was on The Odd Couple he did an effortless version of “Malagueña”.  I’ve seen Junior Brown doing countrified surf guitar.  Cash’s version of NIN’s  “Hurt” was at least as good as the original.

Give this a spin, Emmylou has always had excellent bands. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNIncN1DtAw

• Like 2
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

• 3 weeks later...

I listen to a lot of country music, though my influences are more blues and jazz acts.

In fact, the one CD I wore out constantly was The Woman In Me by Shania Twain. I think I owned like 3 copies of that CD.

I enjoyed Shania Twain so much, that when I was a kid, I used to ask people "Whose bed have your boots been under?"

I also listen to The Band and the Grateful Dead, and I ain't afraid to admit that I like Taylor Swift. I also grew up listening to her Fearless CD.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...