Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Parts for PC4

I need a little guidance here.

Yesterday I took my Kurzweil PC4 out of its case for rehearsal.

I noticed that one of the sliders was missing the knob. The slider is fine, the knob just came off. I was not happy to say the least

So, here I am trying to find a replacement so she can be whole again, without much luck

I need some help finding where I can get a replacement

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would try to contact Kurzweil. Hopefully they would be as helpful as Radial was for me, when my Key Largo had a couple of the little jack washers come off. They just sent me a couple, no charge, even though I had figured I'd need to buy them. (For all I know those little washers are standard parts, but at any rate they just said, "sending some your way.") That's great customer service, and left me inclined to buy Radial products again I can tell you.

I got these from Turtle Beach Their color coded like a Hammond and cost about $20.00! To Me It ain't right if it don't have that Hammond look!

I got mine for my Kronos from brother OBDave at Ocean Beach Digital.

Here for the gear.

I had the same issue with my Roland A800 Pro â one slider's knob went missing. I forget the exact cost to replace it from Roland USA, but with shipping it was gonna be way more than I wanted to spend. I'm cheap like that! I also didn't want to get one that didn't match the others. In the end I found these on Amazon â a set of 10 for $8, and I'm Prime so shipping was $0.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SZQMM2B/

These don't match the originals but they all match each other â and I have a spare! :)

(I'm not suggesting these would fit the PC4 - I used a caliper to measure the shaft dimensions on my A800 before ordering. The point is that these parts are all over Amazon and Ebay).

sliders.jpg

This now has me thinking about slider handles.

Mixing boards have a concave rounded surface; Kurzweil PC4 and Casio use rectangular prisms. Turtle beach / Hammond are rectangle-over-bigger-square; and the Reezekeys Amazon example is a sort of a strip-mined normal curve.

Does anyone have preferences regarding slider handle shape? Or do we all tend (like I do) to just go with whatever the OEM built in?

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

If you think about it, you have to 'pinch' the slider knobs I"m using before moving them. A lot of the other knobs, you just rest your finger on their surface and pull back or press forward to move. You can do that with the style of fader knobs in my pic too, it"s just not quite as easy or intuitive. It hasn"t been an issue for me.

Pinching the slider knobs would not work for me.

When I'm playing my Hammond, or if I'm using the Hammond sounds on the PC4, I tend to grab a handful of drawbars at once.

Hard to do that if they lock in place.

Same reason I don't like the Nord Draw Buttons

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

The same company that made the ones I got has them in the other style as well. I'm not sure what you mean by "lock in place" either.

For Hammond "drawbarring", these would definitely work better than the ones I got. They're more geared for mixing consoles, I think:

https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Straight-Potentiometer-4x1-2mm-Plastic/dp/B07W78R9M3/