Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keep getting asked to login - browser or forum?

So Firefox just did it's update thing, and I am now having to log in each time, even with save box checked..

I am asking if anyone else is experiencing this so I can rule out the forum software and concentrate on a browser fix.

Although other web forums I visit all seem to be ok...

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed a wierd anamoly â when I click the save box after entering my password, it doesn't save. When I click it before entering my password, it does.

Safari, but former Firefox user.

Here for the gear.

So Firefox just did it's update thing, and I am now having to log in each time, even with save box checked..

I am asking if anyone else is experiencing this so I can rule out the forum software and concentrate on a browser fix.

Although other web forums I visit all seem to be ok...

Jim and Dave are in the middle of transitioning MPN to a more reliable host. Could be the occasional glitch here and there.

I'm partly guessing but probably not far off the mark.

I'm on Safari - Mac and have only had the usual "can't open the forums at all" sort of delays. Hopefully those will soon be gone forever!!! :)

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I've noticed a wierd anamoly â when I click the save box after entering my password, it doesn't save. When I click it before entering my password, it does.

Safari, but former Firefox user.

Thanks, I just tried that but no go. Same result

EDIT: okay I think it may be a browser issue - MS Edge retained the login, so back to Mozilla and see what's what there.

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

You should be able to add a new login in firefox manually via: Settings > Privacy and Security > Saved Logins.

On the left of the screen there is the list of saved logins and at the bottom there is "Create new login" button which takes you to a dialog.

You should be able to add a new login in firefox manually via: Settings > Privacy and Security > Saved Logins.

On the left of the screen there is the list of saved logins and at the bottom there is "Create new login" button which takes you to a dialog.

Thanks for the tip Mr G, however it did not work for this.

I use Firefox as well. Before the HTTPS migration I could stay logged in, but since then it hasn't worked. No big deal for me and I don't think it's browser specific necessarily because it happens with Safari as well.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76| Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT, Kurzweil PC4 (88)

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

I use Firefox as well. Before the HTTPS migration I could stay logged in, but since then it hasn't worked. No big deal for me and I don't think it's browser specific necessarily because it happens with Safari as well.

hmmm, up until this latest FF update earlier this morning, I stayed logged in all the time. It only JUST stopped doing it.

For the most part I'd agree with not being logged in, however if you come across a thread and you want to respond, it's a bit of a pita, to have to go and log in. It's also a pain to have to keep a FF tab open JUST to keep it logged in....I have now been to all my saved website addresses that have a password and every one retains the login using the same FF, so now I am suggesting something here has changed.

However, having said that, no-one else is experiencing any difficulty.

So this now classifies as weird :D

Shouldn"t be a problem much longer, I hope. Migration should fix quite a few of our issues.

dB

Lovely, thanks dB :)

hmmm, up until this latest FF update earlier this morning, I stayed logged in all the time. It only JUST stopped doing it.

For the most part I'd agree with not being logged in, however if you come across a thread and you want to respond, it's a bit of a pita, to have to go and log in. It's also a pain to have to keep a FF tab open JUST to keep it logged in....I have now been to all my saved website addresses that have a password and every one retains the login using the same FF, so now I am suggesting something here has changed.

However, having said that, no-one else is experiencing any difficulty.

So this now classifies as weird :D

Reminds me that when things like this are happening it is a good idea to Select All and Copy a post before attempting to post. Another pita is when you have to log in again after you logged in and after you composed a post then it returns you to an empty compose window. Sometimes hitting the Back button brings up the lost text. Sometimes it doesn't.

An aside, I see these updates to Firefox eroding what made it special. Most of the "add-ons" I used have become obsolete and disappeared during the update process somewhere in past updates if not the most recent. In the recent past of updates they have not updated most add-ons.

Another possibility, just in case... Under Settings > Privacy & Security there are options that might forget you were logged in after closing the browser, like "Delete cookies and site data when FF is closed", or the "Enhanced mode protection". Maybe it is worth a try.

Another possibility, just in case... Under Settings > Privacy & Security there are options that might forget you were logged in after closing the browser, like "Delete cookies and site data when FF is closed", or the "Enhanced mode protection". Maybe it is worth a try.

Thanks, good thought. I have checked those previously, but always worth a look after an update.

Me, too...and I freain' hate it.

It's almost over...the move should fix all of this crap. :2thu:

You guys wanna take a peek at the test site? Here ya go...

Remember - even though this looks live, it is not. It's just a test from a save we did last week. You won't be able to post...but you can totally poke around. :cool:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Remember - even though this looks live, it is not. It's just a test from a save we did last week. You won't be able to post...but you can totally poke around. :cool:

dB

Nice!

dB

Love the look! Nice n clean!

Here for the gear.

Looks pretty good. I'll have to get used to the new look as well...I'm familiar with that software's look, but it's never been my favorite lol (side note - I've actually kept the pre-update UBB theme with the grey/blue-green and white this long here). The only two things I notice are that the YouTube video embedding has an artifact from the first half of the UBB code above each video, and that signatures/forum profile stuff that's visible in the thread view (as opposed to the profile page) are missing, but those are pretty minor. Nicely done.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76| Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT, Kurzweil PC4 (88)

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Just a reminder because I know this is going to bite some people.

Make a note of the email address you registered with *this* forum now, before we migrate. You will need that to log in at the new joint.

It would probably also be a good idea to note your login name here, just in case. Note that those are probably both different from each other and your display name, depending on how you set things up.

To find these, go to your display name near the top right of any page, and select Edit Profile from the drop down menu. All three and your (hidden) password as well as your other info will be on this page.

Please pass it on to any forumites who are less frequent around here.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

If you really want a grin, try the search function. :)

dB

I tried - fast and cool - except no search results? (maybe that's supposed to be the result right now?)

Also - will there be lots of instant emojis and instant like buttons? Asking for a friend

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

If you really want a grin, try the search function. :)

dB

I tried - fast and cool - except no search results? (maybe that's supposed to be the result right now?)

Also - will there be lots of instant emojis and instant like buttons? Asking for a friend

The new software is mega-awesome. Type a colon followed by the first few characters of the emoji you want and it gives you a menu you can select it from while you type. And Like, Laugh, and some other reactions (which admins can change later) are instant like a real forum.

It remembers threads you did and didn't read, possibly forever.

It works quite well on mobile devices and they can make an app for it, too.

It has lots of features we can tweak and add that we can really build a community with. If you want an idea, check out CasioMusicForums.com - same software.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Nah, it's working for me. Probably my ADMIN status.

Yes indeed, including all of our custom emojis. :rocker:

It has lots of features we can tweak and add that we can really build a community with.

Yup. It'll be really clean when we move in, but we'll make sure to tweak it here and there to suit us...

...and it looks like we're gonna try and move in starting tonight. :boing:

Make sure you guys know your login email from here - that's what the Invision site wants.

Let's light this candle... :puff:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Nah, it's working for me. Probably my ADMIN status.

Yes indeed, including all of our custom emojis. :rocker:

It has lots of features we can tweak and add that we can really build a community with.

Yup. It'll be really clean when we move in, but we'll make sure to tweak it here and there to suit us...

...and it looks like we're gonna try and move in starting tonight. :boing:

Make sure you guys know your login email from here - that's what the Invision site wants.

Let's light this candle... :puff:

dB

Excellent! I even received the broadcast test email from Joe M :D