Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Audiolounge Rhodes Affair 3

ElmerJFudd

https://www.audiolounge-pro.com/plug-ins-2/rhodes-affair-3/

[video:youtube]

Rhodes Affair 3 bundle contains two plugins:

Classic Blend is a further development of Rhodes Affair 2 with all these classic sounds from that era, but with a much richer sound quality and versatility.

DI-Mark is a clean, raw capture of Michael Bannwart's unique studio Rhodes with a dedicated pre-amp.

Rhodes Affair 3 collection is either available as a complete bundle or as separate instrument plugins.

Rhodes Affair 2 and 3 are not the same instruments and use completely different samples.

The bundle is $139. Some of the same old, some more unique/character libraries

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Urs and Michael did a great job on RA3. Classic Blend is really nice. I love it! I was gonna grab Michael's Rhodes too, but in the end didn't. I have so many Rhodes libs and I'm almost done with my own Rhodes own here.

Yeah I thought they sounded nice, but again (as I have written before) I don't hear a lot of difference to what I have already. NeoSoul Studio II on iOS and Lounge Lizard 4 on PC. I'd LOVE Neo Soul on PC too, but it's too exxy!

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

All this stuff is personal prefs. Neo and LL didn't do it for me. Two that I bought but never used either. But like I said, it's a matter of taste. If you can't express yourself with it, let it go or don't buy. But RA3 is inspiring for me to play. I can get lost in it. Urs gave me the first version years ago, but this new one sounds great and plays really nice under the fingers. But I get that not everyone needs a TX816/Mks20 sound. I use that stuff and singers love it wrapped around them them.

All this stuff is personal prefs. Neo and LL didn't do it for me. Two that I bought but never used either. But like I said, it's a matter of taste. If you can't express yourself with it, let it go or don't buy. But RA3 is inspiring for me to play. I can get lost in it. Urs gave me the first version years ago, but this new one sounds great and plays really nice under the fingers. But I get that not everyone needs a TX816/Mks20 sound. I use that stuff and singers love it wrapped around them them.

Exactly, I, probably like you, owned and played on stage, a flat top MK II with dyno kit (or similar Rhodes for you), and some of the presets in Neo and LL are very close. Not all, they are far from perfect..... This one as I wrote sounded nice, so I was not disparaging it, which your post seemed to suggest :D

Just not enough of a difference to me, to shell out near $175 for it. Talking about the bundle there.

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Nice to see good musicians demoing this, and I agree these sound fantastic. I have an MKS20 that hasn't been used in a long time. Never had a TX816, does a TX802 count? :) I don't produce or write pop songs that need that sound, and it wouldn't work with the current gigs I do, but it's still nice â and these folks definitely know how to show it off.

The Rhodes is very tempting. I wish I had a little more disposable income. I don't NEED it though, since I have Scarbee and the Orange Tree Famous E. But that demo is happening - you can really hear how the sound evolves when you dig in, and it's not slathered in verb. Nice groove too! I'm sold but I need a few more gigs this month! [Edit - just checked out the website - 25.3 GB for the Rhodes, wowsa]

Electric piano (EP) sounds have become a personal preference whether it's the real deal, ROMpler, digital piano (DP) or virtual.

As EP is my main sound, I'm glad we have so many options for getting it without breaking one's back or breaking the bank.

Whenever the analog synth resurgence subsides, maybe EP sounds will become hip again. :D:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I really like the Mark Rhodes! To my ears it"s very close to what you can get with Famous E - currently my favourite. Will definitely keep this one in mind for the future.

Here for the gear.

Interestingly, the Famous E is not working for me, but not because it's an inferior sound - it's one of the best. It's only because its "L.A. pop" vibe is way different from the funkier old-school Herbie-ish tones I get from Scarbee â and right now, the Scarbee just works better for the style of music I play. The Audiolounge rhodes sounds kinda like a cross between the two, tone-wise. With 25GB of samples I'm betting it's highly playable. I hope I get to experience it someday.

It was too LA pop for me too! I edited one of the presets (as I always have to) and took most of that "bell" out, and thickened up the tone. Now I just love it to death. It has more dynamic range than anything I've found (Scarbee, LL, Canterbury). Sounds as if the Mark Rhodes has more funky sounds out of the box, though.

Here for the gear.

"Get off my lawn" moment:

Like many of us, I schlepped a stock Stage 73 in the back of my VW Scirocco for years. I was stuck with one sound, so I through pedals at it. Eventually it grew really flat to my ears. So I had it Dyno'd. Then I was stuck with another set of sounds - what Chuck gave me. Then the DX7 came out and everyone wanted that set of sounds.

I'm pretty sure I would have died and gone to heaven if I could have had the Famous E in the back of my Scirocco.

We have such an embarrassment of riches - and choices - these days.

"Get off my lawn" moment: (with Roygbiv edit)

I'm pretty sure I would have died and gone to heaven if I could have any of the portable acoustic piano options available today, even the lowliest Casio or Yamaha in the back of my 70's Datsun Station Wagon or Ford Ranchero.

We have such an embarrassment of riches - and choices - these days.

I ponder this more often than I should. As a guy who got gigs as a keyboard player simply by default in the early 80's ('cause none of the other rockers in town could play keyboards), and who's only skill at keyboards was an ability to fake a "rock" piano type of pounding thing, I hated-hated-hated having to drag around a Rhodes or even Wurlitzer (along with my combo organ, etc).

Hated it - not because electric pianos didn't sound cool in their own way - but because they couldn't produce the acoustic sound that I wanted. (I almost plunked down for a Helpenstill that came into the music store I worked at, but luckily didn't have the money at the time).

Anyway, sorry for side-topic, just agreed with timwat's sentiment.

We have it so great now as keyboard players, it is almost impossible to relay that sentiment to younger players - like trying to explain to my teenage daughter why phone numbers with a lot of zero's were a drag if you had a rotary phone....