Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official MLB 2022 Thread

3 hours ago, Dave Ferris said:

While I highly wanted to see the Padres get in being from SoCal, I'm happy for the Phillies. Just beat the hated Astros.

^ This ^

I realize that there are deserving players on the Astros, but I don't want to see them win a championship while there are still cheaters on the squad.

Best,

Geoff

• Like 1
  • Love 1

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

36 minutes ago, bill5 said:

Dear sports journalists: proofread much? Or is your English really that bad? (Sorry, pet peeve... I see this all the time and shudder to think how much money these eggheads are making)

lame.png.46ef45b898a28c7f03d3d73c5c6cd249.png

Yeah, I think people rely too much on spelling and grammar check these days. Out of curiosity, I typed the above sentence into MS Word, and it failed to alert me to the missing "of."

Best,

Geoff

• Like 1

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

1 hour ago, bill5 said:

Dear sports journalists: proofread much? Or is your English really that bad?

Journalists write the article. Editors come up with the headline. Neither enter the text into the format that the viewer is viewing.

It would be nice were it correct, however.

Now, back to baseball. :cheers:

:nopity:

I would love to see another NL East team win the WS, after the Nationals in 2019, the Braves in 2021. Beat the Astros!

I think I would have picked Rys Hoskins for NLCS MVP over Bryce Harper, but it's so close.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

On 10/24/2022 at 12:32 AM, Dave Ferris said:

Congrats to Dusty Baker, a class act, hopefully a future HOFer

As a Washington Nationals fan, I'm happy that Dusty Baker is going back to the WS. 

I don't imagine Nats ownership/management that fired him and his coaching staff would be very proud of themselves right about now.  😎

• Like 3

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Well, 2-2. Sadly I think it's downhill for the Phils from here and a 4-2 loss wouldn't surprise me at all. We'll see.

I will say I'm glad one of these cities will celebrate a title. Not because I have any real connection, but Phils haven't had a title in so long and it's such a sports-crazed city, and Houston, well the Astros are all they really have. 

Welp.

When can we start talking about the 2023 season?  spacer.png

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

• 1 month later...

The Cubs signed Dansby Swanson for $177M for 7 years.  Good for him. I don't begrudge him leaving the Braves. Their best offer, I believe, was $100M/6 years. The Braves are just not going to spend that kind of money.

$350M for Carlos Correa is crazy.

$300M for Trae Turner is crazy.

$287M or whatever it was for Xander Bogaerts is crazy.

The money that deGrom got from Texas and Verlander got from the Mets is crazy.

It all just results in a more expensive hot dog and beer for the fan.

Oh, and Dansby just married U.S. Women's Soccer star Mallory Pugh this past Saturday.

image.thumb.png.848afe5d39f159471e378bcdf761aaf7.png

I learned recently with this Correa thing that the Mets have a well-known lenient physical requirement, while the Baltimore Orioles are notoriously strict with free agent physicals. I did not know this was a thing.