Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hammond SKPro with Hammond B3-X Organ VST

Hi.

Any Hammond SKPro users who used IK Multimedia Hammond B3-X app on iPad? Or for that matter any Synth APP on an iPad with an SKPro.

I can't get the iPad to recognise the SKPro. Connecting by Apple Lighting to USB camera adapter and using a Yamaha Bluetooth BT01 to the SKPro.

Seems to be a MIDI send and receive problem between SKPro and iPad.Have connected Midi Wrench to SK Pro and no midi messages received.

Under System settings on the SKPro and MIDI can someone point me in the the right direction to configure the SKPro to communicate with the iPad.

i.e ON SKPRO Menu--Template settings,General and Channel pages.

Any help most appreciated.Not sure what I'm missing.

Regards

Marc

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the SKPro class compliant midi and are they stating it works with iOS in the manual and literature?

Does Hammond have downloadable propriety USB audio/midi drivers for Windows and Mac OS?

If the SK isn"t class compliant. I"d use 5pin midi with something like a Korg Plugkey. Your iPad is lightening connector or USB-C?

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

I read the manual, it says the Hammond USB to HOST is class compliant.

"USB TO HOST

Th e USB TO HOST Port will do the following:

ï· Send / receive the MIDI data (Keyboard channel Upper, Lower, Pedal and system

exclusive messages).*1

ï· Send and Receive Setup and System fi les.

ï· Compliant with USB AUDIO Class 1.0."

This means, in theory you use a USB-B to USB-A cable from the TO HOST port to get MIDI going over USB. However, they don't seem to mention iOS specifically, though that doesn't mean anything if it's class compliant. Make sure you're not using the other USB connector which is for storage.

9 out of 10 times the problem is the cable. Try a different/better quality cable and make sure your camera connection dongle is generally working with other stuff.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Yeah, I'd think the extra hassle and fiddling might not be worth it but then again I haven't played the sk pro. I thought the older sk organ sounded great though.

I use b-3x but my other option is the MODX organs--the quality difference makes it very worth it, and the MODX makes it easy to fold in through its excellent controller features and built-in audio interface.

As someone mentioned, if the sk pro doesn't have a built-in interface like that then at the least you'll have to find a way to route audio out probably from the headphone jack. Putting aside audio-- I'm not sure why midi wouldn't work via the cck though. I am able to play b-3x from my novation summit, obviously the transmit and receive channels have to match.

What would be the point? Can't the SK Pro stand on it's own merit?

The SK Pro Organ Engine is top notch. I see no need to

use my iPad with the B3x.

Would make more sense to use it for better Pianos....

;-)

Studio: Hammond XK5-XLK5,  Roland Fantom 8, Kurzweil PC3A6, Prophet 5, Moog Sub37, Neo Vent, HX3-Expander, LB Organ Grinder

Live: Yamaha CP88, Yamaha Motif Rack ES, Hammond SKX Pro, Hammond XB2-HX3,  Kurzweil PC3-61, Leslie 251, Roland SA1000, Neo Vent2

What would be the point? Can't the SK Pro stand on it's own merit?

The SK Pro Organ Engine is top notch. I see no need to

use my iPad with the B3x.

Would make more sense to use it for better Pianos....

;-)

I gotta agree wit' dese guys. Right now I'm using the B3-X while the SK is back at Hammond and, as good as the B3-X is, the PRO sounds better, at least in my opinion (and we know what they say about opinions :) ).