Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Steve Vai coming to town

Steve Vai is booked into the Celebrity theater Jan 30, 2022. It is a nice medium sized room in the round down in Phoenix (maybe 30 miles drive). The wifey and her sister and I used to get comp tickets to all of the shows there. We knew a gal, that worked there, but that ended 10 or so years ago. I will probably not go, but it sure would be interesting to see him live. He is one awesome player.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Vai is booked into the Celebrity theater Jan 30, 2022. It is a nice medium sized room in the round down in Phoenix (maybe 30 miles drive). The wifey and her sister and I used to get comp tickets to all of the shows there. We knew a gal, that worked there, but that ended 10 or so years ago. I will probably not go, but it sure would be interesting to see him live. He is one awesome player.

That's cool. I'd consider going to see him if it were nearby, myself. I remember his being in Zappa's band (and ads for Carvin amps), his original Flex-Able album (released on cassette tape only, I think?) and the release of "The Attitude Song", effectively as a single- a 6" 33 â RPM record on a thin, flexible square "Sound Page" within the pages of an issue of Guitar Player magazine in 1984. And later, the release of the very impressive Passion and Warfare; I believe I snapped up my copy of the CD on the official release day! He certainly set the bar VERY high...

m3LTEwL.jpg

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I"ve never met him, but I gave interacted with him on another guitar board. (Very fleeting- only a few posts in his entire history, there.) He came across as a truly class act.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

I loved his show at the PAC here. I'd recommend it!

Music With Marky - A YouTube Channel For Guitarists Who Want To Make Better Music

Saw him solo with Mike Kennealy also doing amazing things, and with G3.

He stole the show as far as I'm concerned, but it was a month after Jeff Beck came to town.

I think I was still in a trance from that show.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Saw him solo with Mike Kennealy also doing amazing things, and with G3.

He stole the show as far as I'm concerned, but it was a month after Jeff Beck came to town.

I think I was still in a trance from that show.

Those are some heavy hitters you're mentioning there! :rawk::rawk::rawk:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Man he coming to Greensburg wich is like 30 minutes away . That EVO/Jem package would be great, but Expensive $1575.00. . I am tempted to go , but skip the package deals well maybe the VIP3 tear would be cool $275 or the merch package would be cool for $185.

He always puts on great show, so probably worth the extra scratch for stuff you may buy any way and its always cool to get the extra's.

Thanks for cluing me in to this.

Lok

1997 PRS CE24, 1981 Greco MSV 850, 1991 Greco V 900, 2 2006 Dean Inferno Flying Vs, 1987 Gibson Flying V, 2000s Jackson Dinky/Soloist, 1992 Gibson Les Paul Studio,