Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Global Supply Chain / Shipping Delays

We have a Global Supply Chain problem that's causing most products to experience massive delays from the time that you order a product to the time that you receive it.

While this problem is a multi-faceted problem, I've put together a video that covers the shipping portion of these delays.

While this video will definitely educate the viewers as to the shipping portion of the problem, its just one of the global problems happening that's causing the entire industry to go into chaos.

Here's the video: [video:youtube]

PianoManChuck

Authorized reseller: Casio, Dexibell, Kurzweil, Nord, iLoud, Viscount

Keyboard Reviews +

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I deal with this every day in my business, so I couldn't watch/listen any more....

Even though I'm in sales now, I was in supply chain for 30 years before that (gee, talk about a change in roles). It's bad -- probably worse than he says in some areas -- and not getting any better soon.

If you want it and see it in stock -- you'd better get it while the getting is good.

Old No7

Yamaha MODX6 * Hammond SK Pro 73 * Roland Fantom-08 * Crumar Mojo Pedals * Mackie Thump 12As * Tascam DP-24SD * JBL 305 MkIIs

I deal with this every day in my business, so I couldn't watch/listen any more....

Even though I'm in sales now, I was in supply chain for 30 years before that (gee, talk about a change in roles). It's bad -- probably worse than he says in some areas -- and not getting any better soon.

If you want it and see it in stock -- you'd better get it while the getting is good.

Old No7

That why I ordered my Kronos recently, saw stores selling out as fast as they got them in so I got one when I could. They were sold out a few days later.

I regret not pulling the trigger on the Kurz PC4-7 while it was in stock at Kraft for like eight seconds back in April. Now it's unobtainium AND two hundred bucks more money to boot.

(Although even if it was available, my financial situation has changed so I couldn't afford it anyhow.)

I regret not pulling the trigger on the Kurz PC4-7 while it was in stock at Kraft for like eight seconds back in April. Now it's unobtainium AND two hundred bucks more money to boot.

I caught it in May -- before the price increase. I've made two payments so far on a keyboard that has yet to arrive. I'm not sure which of us came out ahead....

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

This is probably impacting our woes in getting a new AC unit. We are going on our 5th day with no main AC, in August, in Florida. Our installer finally found a unit (we need 5 ton and wanted 16 seer of a decent brand) but it won't be installed til tuesday (voices carry...)

We do have one bonus room with an AC or it would be much worse....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Here's an e-mail "warning" from a webstore that advertises on this forum. In covid times, I do not chalk this up as hyperbole. If you're contemplating a purchase... pull the trigger this week!

Prices are going up across the world, with musical instruments and gear affected just as much as any other products. We have been notified by many of your favorite brands that they will be raising their prices by January 3rd.

Now is the time to shop to ensure you are getting your best deal. Order today to lock in your low price!

Musically I'm good having updated my iPad Pro, M1 Air and Jupiter Xm this year. The real scare is appliances and heat/air. My fridge went out and I bought the only one the local dealer had in stock. My dishwasher was a 4 month wait. Could not get the replacement water heater I wanted. Had to go down in size and quality to find something in stock. When my air went out the repairman finally pulled a compressor pump out of a stock unit. Luckily I knew the repairman so he took care of me. My house turned 12 years old and it seems like every major appliance is going out. My microwave is getting weak and my sister keeps telling me I better replace it now, while I can.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

On the holiday I talked to my best friend back in Boston, she has a Honda identical to mine we bought our cars with a month of each others. The cars are now six years old and her dealer keeps calling her to trade hers in and making bigger and bigger trade-in offers. Appears dealers are having problems getting parts because of the supply chain issues and offering great trade-ins so they can use the car for parts for the repair department.

I know for years car thieve would part out cars because they were worth more than the car as a whole, so appear car dealers are getting into doing the same thing.

While the chop shop business model makes sense for thieves, dealerships sell new and factory refurbished parts. They are however always looking for clean recent model trade-ins especially when new inventory is scarce.

Yamaha CP73; 145 gig Leslie; Nord Electro 61; Oberheim OB3^2; Wurlitzer 200A; Ampeg Gemini I amp; Speakeasy Leslie preamp; QSC K-10

(dearly departed, now serving the Lord in Bryant AR: '58 B3, Bob Schleicher 50C Leslie)

I'm having problems keeping track of outstanding balances because I thought most vendors pre-charge but now I don't know. I think sometimes they do and then back it out to a pre-charge auth when there's a delay.

I have so much on back-order that some of it even pre-dates my move from the east coast back to the west coast in late JAN 2021 and then back again to the east coast in late JUL 2021! And I'm moving (locally) in a few weeks, which might change the tax rate on some orders. Mostly small items like woodwind mouthpieces (I'm always upgrading :-)).

All the same, I decided to stick with my pre-orders to stay ahead of the queue and also due to inflation. For instance, Kraft Music sent out an email this week encouraging people to place orders (including pre-orders) now, as most manufacturers have announced price hikes that kick in on 3 January 2022.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Yup, I ordered a pair of Kali Audio IN-8 v2 speakers over a month ago from Zzounds (my music supplier of choice because they have good shipping rates to AK/HI), and it's been on backorder this entire time. Zzounds sends me email updates every week or so, but nothing yet.

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

I ordered my Nord Stage 3 76 from SW in July along with the Nord rolling soft case. Got the NS3 within 2 weeks. In 3 days, it'll be 6 mos waiting for the case. Still no ETA offered.

Imagine how steamed you'd be if it was reversed! I'd say you were lucky, under the gaping circumstances. I conceptualize a giant office pool situation, where you pick your best imagined delivery date.

The winner will have enough money for an Osmose to put on top of their Nord Grand, next to the Moog One.

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.
    ~ "The Devil's Dictionary," Ambrose Bierce

I ordered my Nord Stage 3 76 from SW in July along with the Nord rolling soft case. Got the NS3 within 2 weeks. In 3 days, it'll be 6 mos waiting for the case. Still no ETA offered.

Imagine how steamed you'd be if it was reversed! I'd say you were lucky, under the gaping circumstances. I conceptualize a giant office pool situation, where you pick your best imagined delivery date.

The winner will have enough money for an Osmose to put on top of their Nord Grand, next to the Moog One.

Definitely got the more useful of the two. Since gigs have again become a crap shoot with Omicron, not having the case is more of an inconvenience than anything else. My Kronos case works, but way too big and heavy.

At this rate, it'll be paid off before I even get it :laugh:

"May you stay...forever young."