Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Guy builds his own flamethrower

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That thought also crossed my mind.... but that sort of thing is really nothing new. That's all I have to say about that - I'm not going to give anyone any ideas or clues about how to find that sort of info on the Net - but it's been out there for years.

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

That thought also crossed my mind.... but that sort of thing is really nothing new. That's all I have to say about that - I'm not going to give anyone any ideas or clues about how to find that sort of info on the Net - but it's been out there for years.

I guess I was too busy surfing the music sites to notice.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

When I was a kid, the movie "Alien" came out and we thought the idea of a rifle style flame thrower was so cool. So my friend and I built one. Both he and I were quite tool savy and he had his own well-equipped shop. It worked very well actually. We built quite a number of interesting (and dangerous)devices. Fortunately we were never hurt nor did we hurt anyone else (nor did we ever intend to). There was a time in this country when such things were considered just "kids being kids" and not surrounded with this aura of terrorism or ninny-nanny hand wringing.

I read recently were the government is cracking down on model rocketry clubs because of some fear that some terrorist group could use high powered model rockets for nefarious purposes. :rolleyes: What's next outlawing elementary chemistry sets, erector sets, remote control model airplanes?What do you think inspires our next generation of engineers and scientists?

Very dangerous things can be made from common household products. Shall we start regulating aluminum foil, detergent, bug spray?

Caution is fine but when fear overcomes common sense we have real problems.Just remember, those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve niether.

Sorry for the rant folks, guess this just hit my hot button.

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

Archived