Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

VTines for iOS

Is this brand new or has it been around for awhile & I just missed it? I remember emailing Acousticsamples a year ago & they said they had no plans to code this for iOS.

The Rhodes sound in this video goes way past what I like fairly quickly but here is the video put out by Acousticsamples a few years ago that is more descriptive.

If the iOS version has all the features in the Windows/MAC version it will definitely be a contender. Now, to wait & see if they do the same for VReeds & their clavinet software.

• Like 1

Seems to be new on iOS, I just bought it yesterday and tried it quickly this morning, and it sounded very good to me!!! Exactly what I was expecting from a Rhodes piano, a very good mix of bell and bark :-) I need to further play with it, but it may be even better than the Scarbee simulation in Korg Module Pro which I've mostly been using recently for production. So a very nice app, for quite a nice price!!

No effect pedals inside the iOS app and no deep amp / mic parameters. Perhaps in an update.

Ts"okay...got gobs of other apps to do those things.

Yeah, I downloaded it about an hour ago & found out about no effects, much to my chagrin. As you say, hopefully in an update. It would make it complete to have that echo delay in there & the phaser or chorus wouldn't hurt either.

I'm a total noob with iOS music apps and just downloaded VTines. So, no reverb, amp sim, chorus, nothing? Is there a not-too-costly iOS app I can route the audio through to give me this? My hope was to show up at some gigs with only my controller, an iPad and powered speakers. I'm pretty sure that a dry & uneffected Rhodes sound is not gonna work for me though. Of course I find all this out after I download! Good that it's not much of a hit on the wallet.

There"s reverb, vibrato and amp sim, though you just have drive control over it, and the distortion comes very fast (but sound quite good).

And you can get a refund until 14 days after purchase if you"re not satisfied with the app. You have to go to your apple account, on the list of your purchased apps, and you normally have a link called « signal a problem » (don"t know the exact wording in english) where you just select a reason why you don"t like this app, then Apple will refund you after some days.

It"s a good way to try apps without any hit IMO ð

Coming back to VTines, yes it"s right that there"s much less tweaking possibilities than on the PC/Mac version for the moment, but at least you have some ways to custom your tone very easily. Just the Bell level control itself is pretty cool (wish I had the same possibility on the SV2 EPs).

So hopefully the app will include more and more features in forthcoming updates, but the starting point is not too bad, and the base tone is quite nice.

I'm a total noob with iOS music apps and just downloaded VTines. So, no reverb, amp sim, chorus, nothing? Is there a not-too-costly iOS app I can route the audio through to give me this?

It is AUv3 so you should be able to route its sound to any effects app that is also AUv3. Though this is not anything I've played with yet.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Arturia, why you put the faders on the right and the pads on the left. Whyyyy whyyy whyyyy! :deadhorse::)

Nice to see Acoustic Samples on iOS. It looks like the VTines for laptop/desktop is an 80mb library (in flac), the iOS version is 43mb including the app - just out of curiosity I wonder what format the samples are in, AAC perhaps?

Anyway, sounds pretty good. Just make sure you buy it off the iOS App store... if you try to buy it on the acoustic samples site store, they want 10,000,000 Euros.

https://www.acousticsamples.net/ios

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

I'm a total noob with iOS music apps and just downloaded VTines. So, no reverb, amp sim, chorus, nothing? Is there a not-too-costly iOS app I can route the audio through to give me this?

It is AUv3 so you should be able to route its sound to any effects app that is also AUv3. Though this is not anything I've played with yet.

Thanks. So I don't need the Audiobus app itself, just an AUv3-compatible efx app? I'm just looking to get my toes wet with this stuff.

AUM is a pretty easy to understand host to load VTines into and link in an effects app. I have a gazzilion effects apps, but there are two that I currently go to:

ElasticFX can stack up to four effects and is real easy to adjust with the built-in X/Y pad.

ToneStack is rather expensive, especially with all of the IAP"s but holy smokes that app is a near endless universe of effects, amps, and speakers.

Oh, and an honorable mention is Moog Filtatron. I love the Delay in that thing.

Ooh,ooh, ooh...gotta put in a plug for Echo Pad...just rediscovered this excellent multi effects app.

Thanks, I'll check those apps out. For rhodes I only want an amp sim and a touch of reverb. Might not even need the amp sim, I'm just speculating there, since I do like the sound of a rhodes through one. I still haven't fired up vTines yet â finishing my taxes!!

Thanks, I'll check those apps out. For rhodes I only want an amp sim and a touch of reverb. Might not even need the amp sim, I'm just speculating there, since I do like the sound of a rhodes through one. I still haven't fired up vTines yet â finishing my taxes!!

Oh, you"re all set then. VTines" internal verb and amp are pretty dern good...simple as they be

How"s VTines latency vs Scarbee in Korg Module?

Find 675 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

I quickly programmed up a couple sounds to try on the job last night - wanted to compare it to the Neo Soul sounds, although it wouldn't be a totally fair fight since the Neo Soul program has their effects section. However if I used the Neo Soul & then went to the VTines it wouldn't produce sound. I would have to shut Vtines down entirely & restart it, which isn't practical when you're on the job. They're set to different MIDi channels. I'm pretty clueless about this stuff so it's probably just something stupid that I'm doing or not doing. Any suggestions as to what to do will be appreciated, other than the "You're useless, just jump off a cliff" variety :)

OK just fired up vTines and played it through bluetooth midi - my controller going to a MOTU fastlane interface into my MacBook Pro. It's horrible - lots of latency at any buffer setting, along with dropped notes. I don't remember this happening with bluetooth on the Korg piano I tried a while back. I'll try a direct connection from the laptop to the iPad next, I assume that will be better. But my preferred method for gigs has to be a direct connection from the controller to the iPad - so I guess I need the CCK or a midi interface for the iPad (the Fastlane is not class-compliant). It's not worth the downgrade in sounds if I can't leave the laptop home and get a good connection with minimal latency happening. Maybe my iPad is too old - it's an Air 2.

BenWaB3 - the MIDI channel settings on VTines is under the gear tool, on NSKS2 look under the wrench tool. Be sure your controller send/receive channels match.

Jazz+ â no, zero, nada latency going direct through Korg PlugKey. The CPU footprint is low enough that I can set my buffer to 64. Bluetooth (Quicco Mi.1) there is very slight latency but workable.

Rob â As above. Go direct.

Here for the gear.

It"s not showing returnable.

Find 675 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

Change VTines buffer level to 64 or 32. Hit the gear symbol in the upper left corner. Buffer is under Audio. I"m running 64 at 48000 sample rate and latency is notably quicker than Module.

Same here.

Here for the gear.

Same latency as Scarbee in Korg Module, but far inferior tone and playability behavior.. Not really refundable, beware.

Attempting a refund request at:

https://reportaproblem.apple.com

Selected Request a Refund and filed a claim:

48 hours to wait while Apple considers the claim.

My review: IMO, it sucks!

Scarbee EP88 is still the gold standard. IMO.

I still like Scarbee and NeoSoul, but really like this VTines. To me it has a superior raw tone, authentic artifacts, and some pretty cool adjustability. I"ve have it come out of sleep mode and have no sound, requiring an app reboot as reported by another here. Surely that can be addressed in an update. This seems to be a viable pc/Mac software company that is not likely to abandon the app.

Very pleased with my purchase so far.