Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KB Rig--Composer Angelo Badalamenti (Twin Peaks)

ProfD

I just came across this video on Christmas Day. It was a great gift to myself. :D

Angelo Badalamenti's "simple" KB set-up and approach to composition and joy he exudes from playing it is awesome.

This video should be drop squad required viewing for any KB player suffering from GAS. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, all you need is an old beat up Rhodes piano. :)

Yep. One KB will do. :D

The old beat up Rhodes is an excellent canvas but the genius lies in being able to "see" the picture before painting it. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Doesn"t the job determine what kind of tool you need? Of course he isn"t going to play in a cover band with a beat up Rhodes, but it isn"t a bad tool for hearing voicings. It is one of my go-to tools when I"m working out chords/harmonies. Simplicity, without getting bogged down with patch choices, etc. I know guys who still prefer to use paper and pencil over Finale and other music writing software and these are guys who could take advantage of educational pricing for Finale.

So cool! I'm always interested in how film and TV composers work, but it's especially enlightening for a stylized show like Twin Peaks.

One of these days I'll fight through the swamp in the middle of the second season and actually get to the end...

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.